Bono and Edge play suprise gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono83 said:
special video included Desire and Wave of Sorrow by U2Place.com:

h**p://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8G1K_UM-gik

they just merged the videos and turned them to crap quality.. Shame on them.. And they don't give credit to the person who originally recorded them. :tsk:

When he sings "let you go" on Desire it sounds like it is from the 80's. The strenght is back. Hope he use that strenght in ISHFWILF or myabe Night and Day :drool:

Peterrrrr said:
When he sings "let you go" on Desire it sounds like it is from the 80's. The strenght is back. Hope he use that strenght in ISHFWILF or myabe Night and Day :drool:

yeah and speaking of that, when he says "with a shotgun," that sounds really 80's like to me....

Bono!!:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

what a great time to be a U2 fan...my excitement level for this band is through the roof :yes:

oh over in PLEBA, more pics (Thanks AA!): http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?threadid=181925&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

Last edited:
Listened to the performances last night a couple of times on my mp3 walkman, so great! I think B & E did a very good job on that. I just hope the other two songs turn up as well. I'm really pleasantly surprised about the quality of Bono's vocals, because we all know how shaky he often sounds on small gigs like this, played between tours or album releases. :up:

Niceman said:
Wow.....Wave is so amazing!!!!!

And I didn't think we'd EVER get to hear it live! :)

yeah, this is a great performance for both bono and edge, I wouldn't mind an acoustic performance next tour, but now imagine full band...ohh holy shit that would be disgustingly good

I'd also like to add that I love the way bono does that ending..especially the way he says "cardboard slums" haha..there is just something very special about the way he is singing that grabs me

Last edited:
You can read a complete chronicle in Spanish of the concert here .

Thanks to everybody who have contributed videos and images!!!

--------------------------------
U2Miracle

Utoo said:

It might be unlikely that we'll see Stay & AOH from this particular source----my guess is that the person was in shock when Bono & Edge came out, in even more shock when they started playing, and then was like, "Shit! I should be recording this!" Which is why they only got the second half of the set.

Not really. The setlist was:
1. Stay
2 Desire
3. Angel of Harlem
4. Wave of Sorrow

It's more likely that the person who recorded was in shock for Stay, then fainted after Desire and just regained his/her consciousness in time to record the last song.

:wink:

I did a mix with the line "sister I can't let you go" in Desire from the studio version, Lovetown, ZooTV, Elevation and the new one from this week. I didnt find any Popmart version with that line because Bono skipped that part on that tour.

w w w .send space .com/file/6gxfew

The versions in the mix are in order:
1.studio version
2.Lovetown
3.ZooTV
4.Elevation
5.The new version

And the version with the strongest "let you go" is the New version :) Wow!

Its really interesting comparing how Bono has sung that line throughout the years. When you hear the new version straight after the Elevation one you really can tell how much his voice has improved since 2001, he's in a totally different league now than he was then. It's more than I ever though he'd be capable of anymore.

DevilsShoes said:
Its really interesting comparing how Bono has sung that line throughout the years. When you hear the new version straight after the Elevation one you really can tell how much his voice has improved since 2001, he's in a totally different league now than he was then. It's more than I ever though he'd be capable of anymore.

The most amazing thing is that he sang the line "let you go" on the new one stronger then on the studio version :)

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
Listened to the performances last night a couple of times on my mp3 walkman, so great! I think B & E did a very good job on that. I just hope the other two songs turn up as well. I'm really pleasantly surprised about the quality of Bono's vocals, because we all know how shaky he often sounds on small gigs like this, played between tours or album releases. :up:

:yes: This is surprisingly good for their in-between performances. Love the INXS snippets in Desire ("I've got to let you know/you're one my kind" and was that Never tear us apart towards the ending?), he's really into the song.

I think this is maybe even a step up from the Vertigo tour voice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom