Bono and Edge just got burnt by Jon Stewart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
a better rendition of this thread is in Where the Album Has A Name (though, THAT thread should be in EYKIW)

Last edited:
Americans... they think the world has to know every little insignificant detail and every insignificant person...

tsc tsc...

Actually, I think he's joking, hence the smiley.

Jon Daily is the host of the Daily Show on the comedy channel. The Daily Show is a news program that normally spoofs the news.

In this case he was covering the Clinton Event. I saw it also (last night), and thought is was pretty funny. Although I couldn't tell if he was really joking about the SBS part or he just isn't a fan of U2. Sometimes you can't tell who he's for and who's he's against.

It seemed like most of the Clinton Event coverage though focused on U2 and it definately made me laugh.

hey u2_guy, i thought you were going to stop posting at one point? i see your judgmental, thougtless posts are still coming through. if it's so insignificant then it doesn't need to be commented on.

U2_Neat said:
who is Jon Stewart? and why is his oppinion so important?
He's an unfunny host of a crap comedy show. His opinions can go to hell for all I care.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is the best show on TV.
That and The Simpsons are the 2 shows I never miss.

They make fun of everyone, especially themselves, so there is no reason to get your panties in a twist!

He just played the clip of Sunday Bloody Sunday and stopped it after "how long must we sing this song?"

then Jon said: "yes Bono, I wonder how long you're going to keep singing it"

it was funny, it's not the first time they have bagged on U2, they bag on EVERYONE.

If you can't take a joke, then that's just pathetic...

If you've never seen The Daily Show, here's a great clip of it for you international viewers:

http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.jhtml?reposid=/multimedia/tds/headlines/9056.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom