Bono & Edge and other on NOW!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2U2

The Fly
Bono & Edge are performing a Joe Strummer song right now!!

Bono's amazing as usual!!!

Are you watching the 46664 concert!?!?

Always good to see Bono in front of 1000's of people!!!

Oh my head!!! They're playing "One"!!!

Wild Arrangement with the back-up singers!

oooh i just caught one and unchained melody, that was fantastic, the way the audience were singing it along for them :cute:

anastacia rocked too :cool: ;)

It was great - I watched all five hours, and it was worth it

One of my favorite moments was Edge's reaction to being next to Mr Mandela and shaking his hand.

I hope this, and other special moments, will be on the MTV show. A DVD will be coming out too.

Listening to it now - sounds fantastic. Gave me goosebumps.

I watched a little bit of this on BBC World, but they were showing Beyonce only. :|

I meant before that, he sings a couple of lines at the end of 'One'. Anyone know?

It sounds like he is singing, "No 'them', it's only us."

Last edited:
The concert was awesome. Peter Gabriel's version of "In Your Eyes" was fantastic (that's my favorite song of his...I was so happy to hear it). And that one black girl with the short blonde hair whose name I can't remember at the moment...she has a good voice. I liked hearing her sing with Peter during "In Your Eyes".

And I loved the songs Bono and Edge performed (particularly hearing "One" and "Unchained Melody" together :up:. I actually shed a couple tears during "One"...:sad:...).

I liked when Bono was trying to light the candle and it wouldn't go at first. :p.

And I may get flamed for this, but, um, in regards to "American Prayer"...I actually thought Beyonce and Bono's voices sounded good together...:reject:...

I get the feeling this concert is going to do wonders for the fight against AIDS. And it's particularly cool that Nelson was talking to these people-a group of people can hear people from other countries try and persuade them to take care of themselves...but it's even more important when the leaders of their own countries persuade them. It makes the biggest impact.

Nelson helped to end apartheid. Maybe he'll be able to help stop the AIDS epidemic as well. It's good to see that many Africans there, it's good to know that many people are willing to support this change. And I was checking out CNN this afternoon, too, 'cause they were showing highlights from the show and also talking about steps countries have taken to fight this epidemic...and I think it was in Uganda where I saw this-there was actually a building there where people could go to get tested and to learn more about HIV and AIDS. I was like, "Woohoo! Progress!"

And think of the millions of fans these various artists that were there have all over the world that would've watched this to see them. Hopefully some of them spread the word and got more people to watch and help as well.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

And I may get flamed for this, but, um, in regards to "American Prayer"...I actually thought Beyonce and Bono's voices sounded good together...:reject:...

Angela

I think they sound good together

I mean, besides the fact that Beyonce is smokin' hot :wink:

I had to work all afternoon and evening and I missed the webcast! :censored: :scream: I probably wouldn't have been able to see it even if I wasn't working because my computer is acting goofy. They'd better show all the U2 stuff on the MTV broadcast Monday! Or at least show it all on the DVD.

I thought their voices sounded good together too-and you should have a right to say that w/ out being "flamed" moonlit angel :shrug:

That singer you were referring to w/ Peter Gabriel is Angelique Kidjo :)

If anyone can help move this cause along it is indeed Mr. Mandela, w/ help from Bono and co

MrsSpringsteen said:
I thought their voices sounded good together too-and you should have a right to say that w/ out being "flamed" moonlit angel :shrug:

Eh, just from the way some people tend to react when hearing about Bono working with pop singers...but so far a lot of others are agreeing, so...:).

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
That singer you were referring to w/ Peter Gabriel is Angelique Kidjo :)

Yes. Thanks. :).

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
If anyone can help move this cause along it is indeed Mr. Mandela, w/ help from Bono and co

:yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom