* Bono & Chris Martin - What's Going On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
Anybody heard this?
I don't really know when it happened or what it's about, but I think its much better than the duet with Alicia.

I actually think its about war or famine or something (obviously).

it's alright, it was part of the whole Artists Against AIDS thing

more info on it on u2wanderer.org

Interesting, I got it as part of a fruitleg and I thought it was quite cool, I didn't know if it was a big song or not you see.

You could mean
Band Aid 20 - Do they know its christmas

I don't think he was on "perfect day", chris martin that is

Its definately just a duet. Shall I upload it somewhere?

david said:
i thought this was the song that featured all kinds of singers on it? or am i thinking of another song.

The CD was a "single" and it had about 7 different versions on it. The one that was a release had all kinds of singers on it. This was one of the b-sides.

This version also features The Edge and Brian Eno playing the music, so it in a way could be considered a U2 recording, as there are U2 recordings without Adam and Larry.

It's actually the best out of all of Bono's celebrity floggings of "What's Going On" (which doesn't say much), since it "only" has two singers and the instrumentation sounds the most U2y. It's called the London Version, I think.

(Between this and "Across the Universe," I think Bono should start offering his own songs up for sacrifice whenever he feels a bunch of famous people need to get together and kill a good song for a good cause.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom