Bono and Bob Geldof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Here in Australia the local 60 Minutes program had an interview on last night that was all about Bob Geldof- it was actually quite a sad interview as he was talking quite honestly about Paula, Tiger-Lilly and Micahel, Bob seems as though he is still very upset that Paula left him for Micahel and he didnt seem to speak to highly or favourably of Michael, but then later in the interview they showed Bob walking around outside and they were talking about his humanitarian efforts and Bono was there- looking very nice indeed- they were talking about the drop the debt campaign and after the interview I was wondering how hard it must of been for them given that Bono was very good friends with Michael and Bob appeared to not like him at all, but it was nice to see Bono- I just wished that whole show was with him instead:)

Thank you for the report. Was this new? Are there any pics? I'm glad Bono and Bob are getting recognition for their work.

That's what I get for being a net addict

I hardly watch TV these days and have never much liked the commercial channels anyway.
My friend rang earlier and told me she had seen Bono on 60 Minutes last night:banghead: missed it!!!:banghead:

This is nothing like a quote, but apparently Bob said something about Bono looks at the world and sees wonder and hope, he himself looks and sees despair and sorrow.
:up: :up: :up: Bono

I'm sorry to have missed it. I have the interview he did with Tracy Curro a few years ago on video tape. I LOVE getting that out to watch now and then, very:heart: :) making. The car!! the muscle car:lmao: :heart: it.

Hey Cass- I vividly remember that interview from what I can remember must of been almost ten years ago now- Bono's car sure was nice......anyway I have posted below the transcript from the Bob interview that was posted on the 60mins web site- there was only a little bit with Bono in it, but still nice to see his presence......:)

RAY MARTIN: Saint Bob has moved on from Band Aid and Live Aid and saving Africa. His latest crusade, with fellow Irishman Bono of U2, is to try to rid the entire Third World of crippling debt. They are as serious about this as they are about their music.
He says you've got the big picture and he goes for the jugular.

BONO: No, he has the picture and I just, I look at it over his shoulder. That's the relationship. I'm a fan and that's really it. I've become a friend but I'm still a fan.

BOB GELDOF: He's enamoured by the world and I'm enraged by the world, but we both arrive at the same end by the twin opposite emotions. That's the way it kind of works, you know.

BONO: The Boomtown Rats and Bob's presence and the idea you can actually take a swipe at the world and it might change shape for a little while, for a moment, or an afternoon or a week or a year ? that's something we learned from Bob.

Back
Top Bottom