Bono and Alicia Keys duet on Youtube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Slow Loris said:

You paid for this live version somewhere? Where did you get it?! :)

Keep A Child Alive. You're supposed to buy it since all proceeds go to the charity :) It's only USD1.49

ozeeko said:
That was a really great performance. Injected life into an otherwise unspectacular Peter Gabriel song. Nice to see Bono looking vintage Popish.

:sad: this is one of my favorite peter Gabriel songs

BUt I love hearing Alicia Keys and Bono singing it as well

thelaj said:
I thought it was good but Alicia totally stole the spotlight.

And she is hot.

Wrong :) Bono stole the spotlight. Sure Alica Keys have a good voice, but she hasnt a original voice, sound just like all the female singers on Idol program.

iam far to be an expert but, it's clear that on this particular occasion he hit the high notes in pure "early nineties" style
i didn't think he could sing like this anymore
maybe he still have some hidden tricks!
so we can expect proper versions of pride & WOWY for the late Vertigo shows? can we? :wink:

Last edited:
Peterrrrr said:

Wrong :) Bono stole the spotlight. Sure Alica Keys have a good voice, but she hasnt a original voice, sound just like all the female singers on Idol program.

Actually Bono quite deferred to her, and no her voice is distinct and has it's own flavour. In addition, she can play piano, is classically trained and composes her own music. In that regard she stands almost alone amongst her peers.

Heres a question for all who is good on keys/notes, the way he sings "Keep my EYES down below" in the live version of the song, does that type of singing damage your voice, because my thougt is would it be possible for him to use the voice power in ISHFWILF or does that damage your voice if you sing it all nights on a tour? Would be great to hear him use this kind of singing in ISHFWILF

Back
Top Bottom