Bono almost slipped bigtime introducing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redhill

Refugee
SYCMIOYO at the Grammys.

He almost said "For Michael Hutchence" and morphed it into "For My Father Bob" at the last nanosecond.

If you listen closely it almost sounds really weird. Almost like he says them both at the same time or something.

He definately gets out MOST of Michael Hutchence though.

Must have played "Gone" one too many times:wink:

I double dare anyone to tell me that this did not happen (as I'm sure someone will) but I'm 10000% sure that it happened.

I acctualyl noticed that during the broadcast. I didn't catch if he was saying Micheal Hutchence or not, but it certainly sounded like he couldn't quite get the right words out.

"This is for my *cough* father Bob."

My was "my" and not Michael Hutchence.

After all, it would just not sound right if he meant to say "this is for father Bob" - now Bob wasn't a priest was he?

And he didn't mean to say "this is for Bob" because he put the word father.

So the only explanation is "this is for my father Bob."

Sorry your wild theories find no support. I think Interferencers should not concoct many wild theories about the band. So here have way too much time on their hands.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

After all, it would just not sound right if he meant to say "this is for father Bob" - now Bob wasn't a priest was he?

Sorry your wild theories find no support. I think Interferencers should not concoct many wild theories about the band. So here have way too much time on their hands.

Cheers,

J

The fact that I agree with you.... really... really scares me... :ohmy: :huh:

Damn it Jick... two days in a row you make me agree with you... I did have to laugh at this though I think Interferencers should not concoct many wild theories about the band. So here have way too much time on their hands.. Pot let me introduce you to the kettle...

:wink: :wink:

And I am sorry redhill, but you are 10000% wrong :wink:

jick said:

Cheers,

J

Boy Jick.... have you been smoking crack again?

I'm sure you didn't dare to accuse someone else of conconting wild theories!?

I think that is what psychologists call "projecting" ones issues onto someone else.

Too much time? You spend a lot more time attempting to stir the pot more than anyone else here!

Besides, he did almost say Michael Hutchence. So you are just wrong!

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Lets hear it for Jick the Jacka*s!

Hear Hear!

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Damn it Jick... two days in a row you make me agree with you... I did have to laugh at this though I think Interferencers should not concoct many wild theories about the band. So here have way too much time on their hands.. Pot let me introduce you to the kettle...

:wink: :wink:

And I am sorry redhill, but you are 10000% wrong :wink:

Nope. 1000000% right.

Sorry. How many times has he said "for Michael Hutchence"?

Plus did you notice how he pronounced the words so strangely?

He almost slipped and I caught him.

Man were they great vocals though on the song.

To me, it sounds more like he's about to accidentally say 'my Bob' rather than 'my father Bob'.

it sounded like he was gonna say "my good friend chizip" then changed it to "my father bob"

Not that I really care...but to me it sounds like he almost forgets to say father before Bob.
I don't get Michael Hutchense at all.

Sorry redhill, I don't think you're right. I agree that he almost said "my B-, father Bob." He's probably said for his father as much as he's said for Michael Hutchence at this point.

Jick: you crack me up, man. :)

My only quibble was when Bono blurted out "Opera" at the beginning of his intro, without giving any explanation of what the hell he was talking about. Of course, *we* all knew, but what about the non-diehard viewers?

Ah well, Bono's entitled to an occasional slip-up, but I know he's capable of better! :)

i don't see how michael hutchence (someone who Bono hasn't referenced in quite a while) would even be in the back of his mind during a song that Bono so emotionally connects with his father.
i think theres just as much chance that he accidentally dedicated the song to Michael Jackson.

learn2kneel said:
i think theres just as much chance that he accidentally dedicated the song to Michael Jackson.

That's an interesting theory to pursue. I will study that and take it up in a future post. After all, it was Bono who declared back in 1993 "to Michael Jackson, I don't believe you're bad." I'll get back to this topic in a new thread. Keep an eye for it...

Cheers,

J

Sounds like, 'This is for my-the huh- father Bob'.

I'm not taking either side, but that is what he says.

He definitely said that bit unrehearsed, kind of last moment, because he did stumble a lot.

doesnt even sound close to Micheal Huchence...that is a normal Bono stutter when he gets nervious or emotional.....better get your hearing checked.

Larry during the acceptence speech however did change his words from "audience" to "long suffering fans"

"This is for my *cough* father Bob".

NO Michael Hutchence, how would he confuse that?!?

It's for Bob, it's hardly for all them dudes who are mentioned in Peace On Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom