Bomb Wins Grammy for Album of the Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:

This isn't true. There may be others, but I know for sure that Stevie Wonder is a multi-album of the year winner. As a matter of fact, he won THREE TIMES IN FOUR YEARS. Innervisions (1973), Fulfillingness' First Finale (1974), and Songs in the Key of Life (1976) He didn't release anything in 1975. Can you fucking believe that? It just shows how brilliant his stuff was at the time.

Off the top of my head, Paul Simon won for Graceland and also w/ Art Garfunkel for Bridge Over Troubled Water. I would also be surprised if Frank Sinatra hasn't won more than once.

One other thing is that I don't know if this is U2's last chance. The fact that Bono has been talking about doing something other than the back to basics we've seen on the last two albums means we could have a serious masterpiece coming our way in the next couple years. As always, the competition will determine the outcome.

I'd like to see The Bomb win, because although I think Kanye's album might be the best album for THIS year, U2 put out a more classic album with better songs which will stand the test of time.

There have only been 3 artist to win "ALBUM OF THE YEAR" multiple times.

Frank Sinatra won it 3 times for:

Come Dancing With Me 1959
September of My Years 1966
Sinatra: A Man And His Music 1967

Stevie Wonder of course won it three times with the albums and years you mentioned above.

Paul Simon won it twice for:

Still Crazy After All These Years 1975
Graceland 1986

Also, Paul Simon won a album of the year being apart of the Duo Simon & Garfunkel for the album "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

The last time an Album of The Year winner won the award again was in 1986 when Paul Simon won it for Graceland.

Winning the award multiple times is rare, but then again, the acadamy is definitely do for this happening again, since it has not happened in nearly 20 years. Then again, perhaps that means its unlikely to happen now.:wink:

I also notice that Paul McCartney has yet to get an Album Of The Year award, so that might raise his fortunes at this awards show as a strong bloc of voters will indeed vote for him.

HTDAAB is the best album of the year and in my opinion, the best album of the past 10 years, period! It should win, but it has become very difficult to predict the winners the past few years.

MrBrau1 said:
yeah.

the drummer from my old band was a member of the academy.

He was a broke Puerto Rican from Harlem.

What albums has he worked on and for what artist?:wink:

Yahweh said:
What is with all this hype about Kayne West I thought his record was crap myself. U2 gets nominated every time and they should get nominated every time but they never win the big award because it would seem like the music industry is dead if they did...which in my opinion it is, the music industry is on a resperator right now.

i agree that the INDUSTRY is dying...but it's a great time for music. lots of vibrant new artists and sounds. the industry is dying because it's been so slow to adapt to new technology. that and the industry's fascination with image over all else. popular music is certainly in the shitter, but there's a ton of great music being made out there...god bless the digital revolution - making recording affordable and easy for the starving artists out there!:up:

oh yeah, didn't mccartney win album of the year with wings for 'band on the run'?
maybe that doesn't count as a solo artist...

dudeman said:
oh yeah, didn't mccartney win album of the year with wings for 'band on the run'?
maybe that doesn't count as a solo artist...

Actually no, that album did not win "Album of the Year".

You can go here for all the Album of the Year winners for each year since the Grammy's started in 1959:

http://www.rockonthenet.com/grammy/album.htm

Back
Top Bottom