Bomb Side A vs Bomb Side B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Which side of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb do you prefer?

Side A
1.Vertigo
2.Miracle Drug
3.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4.Love And Peace Or Else
5.City Of Blinding Lights

Side
6.All Because Of You
7.A Man And A Woman
8.Crumbs From Your Table
9.One Step Closer
10.Original Of The Species
11.Yahweh

I know I'll be in the minority, but I prefer side B. Even though it includes the somewhat lackluster ABOY, and even though it lacks LAPOE, which I think is Bomb's best track, tracks 7-10(AMAAW-OOTS) are imo the best succession of more than two songs in a row on the record. Those four plus LAPOE make up my top 5 for Bomb. Also, Yahweh, while I still think it is overrated, is starting to grow on me a little. A LITTLE.

I'm going with Side A, but only just. I think Vertigo's the weakest track, but MD, LAPOE, and especially COBL are three of the best. COBL's what got it over the line. Side B has the exceptional flow of Crumbs --> Yahweh, but taken by themselves, some songs on that side such as ABOY and OOTS aren't quite as exceptional.

I didn't even realise Bomb had side's seeing as I've only got the CD,

but side A is definitely the strongest

Opener vertigo, side closer Blinding lights! you can't go wrong.

Well, side A has LAPOE, MD and COBL, three awesome songs, and sometimes which is a great piece of music too... but I'll go with Side B, I love the 5 last tracks, AMAAW » Yahweh and they flow very well together.

Side A has better song but Side B works better as a whole.

Tough call. Most of the time, I'd say side A. Single-wise, side A. Rockin'-wise, side A. Mood-wise, side B. Tough one!

Side A by far. I could do w/o Crumbs and One Step Closer. Replace them with Mercy and Smile. :drool:

side b gets the nod; it has the best two tracks of the album (oots and yahweh) + amaaw. the other three are some of the weaker tracks, especially aboy, which is the low point of the album. side a is more consistent, but really has only one stand out track (sycmioyo).

Side A. COBL is my favorite track off the album, and Sometimes... is my next favorite.

Side A
Vertigo 4.5/5
Miracle Drug 4.5/5
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 5/5
Love And Peace Or Else 4.5/5
City Of Blinding Lights 5/5

23.5/25

Side B
All Because Of You 4/5
A Man And A Woman 4/5
Crumbs From Your Table 4/5
One Step Closer 3.5/5
Original Of The Species 4.5/5
Yahweh 4.5/5

24.5/30

Side A=9.4
Side B=8.133

A easily

Without question Side A. My top 4 songs off the album are on it, and I'm likeing LAPOE more and more each day. It's kinda taken the place of ABOY for me. Also it starts with vertigo and then ends perfectly with COBL. Side A owns Side B

I'd give the B side a nudge, slightly.

A-side has one classic (Sometimes), one very good song (City) and one good (Miracle Drug) - the rest is not above average IMO.

Side B also has a classic (Original), one very good song (One step closer), a good song in Crumbs and All because of you, the rest isn't above average IMO.
The whole Crumbs - Yahweh run makes it one of U2's more impressive B-sides.

side a
all the way!

ok fine, not all the way. it's a tough choice, but i really really reallylike miracle drug.
oh well, i've been listening to htdaab an atomic bomb every time i'm driving since it came out with coldplay mixed in here nad there anyway.

Cassis said:

where is it?

It was only released on the UK version of HTDAAB. I think that's the first time U2's ever tacked an extra song onto an album in a different regionn's release--besides "Bottoms (Wata...No)" on the Japanese version of the Passengers album. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

Fast Cars is a kick-ass track! It doesn't quite fit with the rest of the album...has sort of an Arabic/Spanish influence on it...but it really is great!

Back
Top Bottom