Bold Positive Prediction: U2 To Mount The Mother Of All Comebacks (Thanks Mullen!) - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2005, 05:39 AM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:52 PM
i think Angela hit the nail on the head.

we didn't need the cuss words though

db9

Old 02-12-2005, 07:02 AM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I really wish the people of Interference could read grey. Not everything is fucking black and white. Is the subtle humour and sarcasm so subtle that is requires constant explanation? Seems so.

Learn that our Jick is a mixed bag. There is a combination of humour, sarcasm and genuine thought in his posts. Either learn that it is not all the same all the way through his replies and posts, or accept that there is things in there you just dont get. Please do one or the other and stop this years old shit from going on and fucking on.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:55 AM   #123
Refugee

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I really wish the people of Interference could read grey. Not everything is fucking black and white. Is the subtle humour and sarcasm so subtle that is requires constant explanation? Seems so.

You know, some of us dont have 19000 posts to our name or have been here long enough to know the workings of some of the folks who post here.

As its a forum, a lot of things are raised and questioned. Correct me if I am wrong, but are there any rules which say you cannot ask someone to clarify or ask for constant explanation on topics they have posted on??

Or is it, to quote "so fucking black and white" that I've missed it completely?? Clearly its not subtle enough.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #124
The Fly

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Don't call it a comeback, they been here for years. Rockin' the mic, putting suckas in tears.

Seriously. Comeback? I didn't kn ow they went anywhere....
Old 02-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Derek
Don't call it a comeback, they been here for years. Rockin' the mic, putting suckas in tears.

Best Post On This Thread ever.

whatever people are argueing about (and there's always gonna be someone who stands up and says "don't complain about someone else's post/ideas/criticism's/whatever; everyone's entitled to their own opinion"), my opinion on the original topic are thusly as such:

bon jovi = suck

u2 = suck not

with that, sweet friends, I bid you
HOO-HA.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 PM
All I know is that everyone else's opinion except mine is shit.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
yes, but that's all that YOU know;

see, reality and a slanted madness are subjective to us all except the almighty.

I guess.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:52 PM   #128
Refugee

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
In case I missed it, can you please re-iterate your opinion of the comeback and The Mullen Apology?

Cheers,

J
Old 02-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #129
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by jick

This is getting too far off topic but I am not a RHCP fan. I don't think their career mirrors U2. If anything it would be Bon Jovi.

Slippery When Wet = Joshua Tree (pinnacle in sales for both)
New Jersey = Rattle & Hum (album released right after the pinnacle album)
Keep The Faith = Achtung Baby (both bands exploring new types of sounds)
These Days = Pop (commercially less successful then previous efforts)
Crush = All That You Can't Leave Behind (a return to commercial success)

The difference is Bon Jovi just followed the basic "one comeback rule" and they had theirs with Crush. Their next album, Bounce, tanked. Then their "One Million Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" is boxed set that was only for the hardcore fans so commercially very unsuccessful. So from the early 80's up to 2000 or 2001, Bon Jovi was right up there with U2 in terms of longevity and staying power in the mainstream success road. But with the failure of Bounce and U2's imminent second comeback, it looks like Bon Jovi will get run over. But before that they were toe to toe with U2 - and were the closest to matching U2's staying power.

So there you go, I even veered farther off topic because I am not a RHCP fan and think your comparison doesn't quite match up. U2 are better compared to Bon Jovi.

But then this post isn't that far off topic. I still got to mention second comeback somewhere here.
Cheers,

J
Off topic... but Jick, the fact that you always mention Bon Jovi is one of the many things that has convinced me that you're a total wind-up merchant.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #130
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

you do know that this only furthers my belief that you and jick, are, in fact, one
One love, one blood, etc.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #131
New Yorker

Quote:

Except for Zooropa, U2 were never alternative. They have always labelled themselves as POP. As for REM, I was never really a fan. They were just a one-hit-wonder "Losing My Religion" band. Before and after that song they were basically nobodies. The only thing going for U2 and REM are that they are friends. But then again, Bon Jovi also hung out with U2 during one of their Cleveland gigs.

Cheers,

J
REM a "one-hit wonder" band? Oh dear. That's hardly the case now is it? You'll have to do better than that!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

One love, one blood, etc.

worst context of quoting a song lyric ever.

damn......that took me out.....that was like being in a real chill state, you know, hanging with some friends or your girl and everything seems right with the universe....and then all of a sudden an insurance saleman comes up to you with a bow-tie on and is like "EXCUSE ME SIR......CAN I INTEREST YOU IN AN INSURANCE POLICY??"

*needs a moment of silence*
Old 02-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #133
New Yorker

Oh come on. That was just a bit of deliberate silliness to lighten the mood. I thought that much was bloody obvious, as nobody would be stupid enough to quote that lyric - or react to someone quoting that lyric - in a post like this. Good grief... lighten up for God's sake. This silly little debate isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things. Consider discovering a sense of humour and a bit of perspective, perhaps? Grow up. No offence intended.

Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy

Ultimately every post made is their subjective assessment. Your view of Bon Jovi is your subjective assessment. Everyone is entitled to it - am not arguing that.

Quite so.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Quote:

Being an avid U2 fan, any threat to U2 alarms me. So far their stiffest and most recent competition was Bon Jovi - so I kept tabs with them to see to it that they haven't overtaken U2.

Cheers,

J
How can you state Bon Jovi is in the same category as U2? I mean WTF!?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78
Oh come on. That was just a bit of deliberate silliness to lighten the mood. I thought that much was bloody obvious, as nobody would be stupid enough to quote that lyric - or react to someone quoting that lyric - in a post like this. Good grief... lighten up for God's sake.

Quite so. [/B]

err....perhaps you missed the sarcasm in my post.

ah well sally, you're ok in my book.