Body found dead in Alice In Chains singers home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I got this from the AP news section of yahoo news. I hope to god it's not his body.

SEATTLE - A body was found at the home of Layne Staley, lead singer and guitarist for the Seattle
grunge band Alice in Chains.

The King County medical examiner's office scheduled an autopsy Saturday but investigator Jim Sosik
could not immediately confirm the identity of the deceased late Friday night.

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer quoted unidentified law enforcement sources as saying the body was
Staley's.

The person appeared to have been dead for several days, the P-I reported in Saturday editions.

Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Sue Stangl told The Associated Press she could not confirm
the identity of the deceased.

A Seattle police dispatch officer referred inquiries to the police media officer, who did not return
repeated pages.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

holy shit.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

I'm sure it's Layne, he's been battling substance abuse for years and years, Alice in Chains basically stopped recording because Layne couldn't function anymore, last time they tried to get together and record I heard Layne showed up weighing about 80 or 90 lbs, I guess it's almost a miracle he lasted this long

who will heroin take from us next?

RIP Layne
frown.gif

----------
my pain, is self chosen...

Shitty deal!!!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

It sucks, but the media better not try to turn him into the next Kurt Cobain, or vault AIC past Soundgarden/PJ/SP.

RIP Layne.

Nutshell, Jar of Flies(1993)AIC

We chase misprinted lies
We face the path of time
And yet I fight
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

My gift of self is raped
My privacy is raked
And yet I find
And yet I find
Repeating in my head
If I can't be my own
I'd feel better dead

This guy was always brutally honest about his drug problem and didn't live a circus life like Kurt or Scott Weiland(still living but still in trouble with the law). AIC wrote some great songs though and it's always sad to lose someone to drugs whether they are famous or not. RIP Layne.

why cant Kid Rock have a heroin problem? As long as the good ones keep falling of it's just more Creed and bullshit, I loved AIC, Mad Season and Layne, this is not good for those who like good music.

This topic deserves a reply.

It has been confimred that it was Layne's body.

Alice in Chains were a fantastic band and whenever they released a song, sad to say, I was overjoyed because I felt like it would always be their last.

In the years of reports of Staley's heroin use he never spoke of rehab, or trying to get better, he always talked about controlling his desires. It is very sad. As a matter of fact the last Rolling Stone article I remember reading about him was that he was wearing leather gloves during the interview as he had started injecting into his hands as his veins in his arms were "bad." Also that during the interview he excused himself to the bathroom a number of times and every time he returned he was more sedated.

He was a talent but a junkie. He had a great voice that went to waste.

Needle and the Damage done

It is better to burn out than to fade away

All that bullshit, addiction is serious and when neglected things like this happen. This was going to happen no matter what, it is simply sad.

When I go home tonight I am going to put on Jar of Flies and will take a moment to think of what could have been.

Alice in Chains

Layne Staley R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom