'Bloody Sunday' the movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
I saw 'Bloody Sunday' last night and it's absolutely astounding. It might not play everywhere, but if you can see it, I highly recommend it, it's very moving and well made and features the best use of any U2 song in any movie, hands down. It's kind of 'documentary-style' and there is no music at all in the whole movie, except at the very end when they play an amazing and very pationnate live version of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' with the crowd singing along and all. I've always loved this song but it's the first time I hear it in such a perfect context (obvioulsy).

I have a question: anyone that has seen the movie can tell me from what show is that bootleg from? It's Joshua Tree Tour, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks,

Oceane

I saw it yesterday. It was nicely done, documentary style and all. I just felt that it might have been one-sided, but I don't know :shrug: I started looking up the book in the web the movie was based on, and most of the reviews said that too.

I saw the Bloody Sunday exhibit at the Int'l Center for Photography in New York last March and along with this movie, it got me interested in reading more about the events. Anyone know of a good book?

oceane said:

I have a question: anyone that has seen the movie can tell me from what show is that bootleg from? It's Joshua Tree Tour, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks,

Oceane

I swear I've heard it somewhere, but I'm not sure which boot it's from. I gotta check my discs.

What's funny was there was a few of us left in the theatre listening to the entire song. I bet those were U2 fans too. :laugh:

Well if you want to read a great book on the IRA and Sinn Fein. A impartial book written by a british journalist. It has interviews with the men that are very high up. Its called Behind the Mask: The IRA and Sinn Fein, by Peter Taylor. Great read!!!

bonoman said:
Well if you want to read a great book on the IRA and Sinn Fein. A impartial book written by a british journalist. It has interviews with the men that are very high up. Its called Behind the Mask: The IRA and Sinn Fein, by Peter Taylor. Great read!!!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom