Bloody Sunday question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
People I've not seen this movie yet , could u please tell me which version of Sunday is played in the end of the movie , is the one from Rattle and Hum ?

Bono's "fuck the revolution" speech...the day that the IRA bombed a rememberance day parade.

"Now lemme tell you somethin'. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in twenty or thirty years come up to me and talk about the resistence, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dyin' for the revolution. Fuck the revolution! They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. What's the glory in takin' a man from his bed and gunnin' him down in front of his wife and his children? Where's the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a Rememberance Day parade of old-aged pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day. Where's the glory in that? To leave them dyin', or crippled for life, or dead, under the rubble of a revolution that the majority of the people of my country don't want. Sing no more!"

Nope. It isn't the Rattle And Hum version. I don't know which version it is though (although IIRC it is one of The Joshua Tree Tour).

that speech was in the rattle and hum movie.... but maybe it was from an earlier JT concert.

But that version of SBS was definitely in the R&H movie.

Utoo said:
Thanks! Is it a good movie? Worth checking out?

Interesting...

Yes, it is a very good movie. I saw it a few months ago. It's kinda documentary style and shows what happened that Bloody Sunday. The thing is, it shows what happened on both sides (British military and the protesters) and how miscommunication (and some people not listening) resulted in a massacre. So it's well worth checking out.

It's a brilliant docu-drama, from Paul Greengrass director of the Bourne Supremacy and the upcoming United 93, very under-rated in the US, and SBS is the only music in the whole film.

J_NP said:
People I've not seen this movie yet , could u please tell me which version of Sunday is played in the end of the movie , is the one from Rattle and Hum ?

I think its the version from Self Aid, then again maybe not.

europop2005 said:
Bono's "fuck the revolution" speech...the day that the IRA bombed a rememberance day parade.

"Now lemme tell you somethin'. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in twenty or thirty years come up to me and talk about the resistence, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dyin' for the revolution. Fuck the revolution! They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. What's the glory in takin' a man from his bed and gunnin' him down in front of his wife and his children? Where's the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a Rememberance Day parade of old-aged pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day. Where's the glory in that? To leave them dyin', or crippled for life, or dead, under the rubble of a revolution that the majority of the people of my country don't want. Sing no more!"

i think you're confused, not R&H the movie, but the movie "Bloody Sunday" is what he meant i believe

Back
Top Bottom