Bliss in a U2 Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The blazing solo on Ground Beneath Her Feet (which we have been unfairly denied live)
In the Name of the Father when Bono starts wailing!
Do you feel loved- Stick together er er er er er...I love that part!

"so, michael jackson, if you're out there...i don't think you're bad."
oh bono is funny
can someone post the entire Zoo Europa Dublin?

I got chills today watching Mysterious Ways on the mexico popmart video...edge's solo guitar work:drool:

Last edited:
Oh I thought of another one!

PopMart Mexico City....All I Want Is You, when Bono starts singing/ yelling "And they will never tear us apart!" Gives me chills everytime :drool:

Oh and I would love the Zoo Europa upload as well, if its possible/ not too much trouble!

1 Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)when the guitar kicks in around 4:15

2 All Want is You transistioning into Streets on Slane DVD

3 Ultraviolet (live from ZooTV) when Bono hold out the last "Liiiiiiiiiiiight myyyyyy waaaaayyyy".

4 Bad, when Bono's voice sounds cracked singing "WIDE AWAKE!"

5 Edge's falsetto on Stuck in a Moment and on The Wanderer (live)

These are just some of them. There are tons more.

The ending of Do You Feel Loved when Bono goes... Do you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.... and sustains it till the bass line returns! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Just reading this thread is giving me chills. Oh boy.

A couple of additions:

Running To Stand Still (live ZooTV video): at the end, "Halle, halle, HALLELUJAH!"

Ground Beneath Her Feet: "Oh come back above, where this is only loooooooooove, only LOOOOOOOOOOVE!"

Levitate: Umm, the whole song, but mostly, "I want a love that's hard, as hard as hate, LEVITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!"

Desire: "Oh SISSSTERRRR! I can't leeeeet you gooooooo!"

U2 Bliss (for my 500th post)
-end of MW
-wide awake's in bad
-electric co snippetry
-end of popmart mexico please
-lovetown streets intro
---many, many, many more

The end of One live - the guitar and the "Here me coming lord?" part.

Walk On - "I know it aches, and your heart it brakes, you can only take so much" and the Hallelujah's. In fact, Hallelujah's in general are awesome. Make any song better.

Mercy - The first time I heard it, the "I'm alive again!" did it for me, but hasn't done it for a while.

Please - live especially, but only when Bono has his voice. Stupid Sarajevo boot. :angry:

Plus just about all of the above, and probably heaps more I've forgotten about.

Love is justice, a charity
Love brings with it a clarity

... that part of Mercy gives me chills every single time! Not sure why. And also that guitar solo bit at the end followed by Love will come again... I'm alive again!

:combust:

"A mole diggin in a hole, diggin on my soul now..." lol just kiddin!

Ahhh! Let's see..Desire as mentioned is full of bliss and Pride is the song incarnation of bliss as far as i'm concerned:wink: as is Bad. The opening of Stuck off Boston DVD when he sings "Heyyyyyy ooohh oohhh..." is AWESOME!!rockon:
Shout out to mentions of Baby Please Come home, Horses and everything else...

:whistle:

bliss for me is in the alternate ending live version of With or Without You "we'll shine like stars in the summer night.." and in WTSHNN live when Bono sings "oooh ohh ohh, and then Edge joins him in teh Ooh-ing.." okay, that might make no sense. :|

Running To Stand Still- the hallelujahs :drool:
Bad- just incredible live :love:

I've realized that there are so many U2 songs that give me that 'bliss' sensation, studio or live recordings
they're amazing beyond words can describe

How could i forget?
Halle....Halle.....HALLELUJAH!....makes me cry....

also the end of Staring at the sun...
oh...ohoh ooooooooooooh....

great thread...there are so many of those moments!

There are so many
One from the new album is When Edges guitar rings in on the Chrorus. The Bono shouts 'Everywhere you go you shout it.. my oh my... '

the tension between the drums and bono asking to "be the weight hard down on me" backgrounded with that beautiful oh oh choir from the edge at the end of stateless is not a bliss, is pure heaven.

Back
Top Bottom