Blender Magazine-U2 vs. the Smiths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

believer75

War Child
Anyone else see where U2 circa 1983 (War) lost to the Smiths (1986) in Blender magazine's rock star wars?

I thought for sure U2 would be a safe bet in that matchup so I am shocked.

Also, Public Enemy beat Bruce Springsteen. I don't agree with that one either.

thoughts? comments? etc? etc?

FLAVA FLAV. Not a Springsteen fan, so I could care less if K FED beat him. Suprised Smiths beat U2. Many don't even know who the Smiths are.

The Smiths are an outstanding band. However, they broke up just when U2 was blowing up. Early U2 VS. The Smiths, if we're talking about the UK, I'd have to go with The Smiths. There's always a much different story in America tho.

believer75 said:
Anyone else see where U2 circa 1983 (War) lost to the Smiths (1986) in Blender magazine's rock star wars?

The only Smiths album that can be treated as a true classic is The Queen Is Dead IMO.

War is a great album but compared to The Queen Is Dead it falls short.

1987-1993 U2 would be a fairer match against the Smiths imo.

War is very good but no match for The Queen is Dead. Could have been one of the top 5 albums of the decade.

believer75 said:
I think I need to start building my Smiths collection...what albums would you guys suggest?

discovering the smiths will be one of the greatest things you will ever do!

start with the queen is dead, then get meat is murder, then hatful of hollow, then strangeways here we come.

then get the first album and louder than bombs.

you won't be disappointed.

chrissybaby said:

discovering the smiths will be one of the greatest things you will ever do!

start with the queen is dead, then get meat is murder, then hatful of hollow, then strangeways here we come.

then get the first album and louder than bombs.

you won't be disappointed.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am looking forward to discovering and experiencing "one of the greatest things I will ever do" :) I will probably purchase 'the queen is dead' sometime this week, maybe the same day I get U218!! thank you again for the suggestions.

it's a UK magazine
which means the Stone Roses would beat U2 1987 - 1993

as ludicrous as that is

Back
Top Bottom