BioTerroism??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
Per AP:

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) -- The FBI is investigating the possibility that the anthrax bacteria detected in two Florida men is a result of terrorism or criminal action, The Associated Press has learned.

The bacteria that killed a man last week has been detected in the nose of a co-worker and on a computer keyboard in the newspaper office where both men worked, health officials said Monday.

"The FBI has been unable to find a source or cause the anthrax, but this kind of situation points to terrorism or criminal intent because it's so rare to have two people working in the same building who have inhaled anthrax bacteria," a senior law enforcement official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The FBI has sealed off the office building and is combing it for clues. Any workers in the building with flu-like symptoms will be tested for anthrax, officials said.

Who's scared now?

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

I agree-you can't get paranoid-cause that's just what they want. Bin Laden bragged yesterday that he has 'put fear' in America-North to South, East to West.

But the guys involved in Sept. 11th-many did live in Florida. And what about reports of them trying to get access to crop-dusters?

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/anthrax_g.htm

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/Agent/Anthrax/Anthrax.asp

Here's a couple links to the CDC website on the topic of anthrax. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I dont plan to live in fear but nor do I plan to live stupidly either. What I mean is that sometimes I see stuff on the news lately that makes me wonder what the true story is. This Anthrax story is an axample, when it first broke on the news, it was dismissed from being terrorism very quickly, but the fact that it was in Florida and i think very closely to where the terrorists went to flying school seemed more than a coincidence. Another thing that makes me wonder is that the Ukraine military is denying that they shot down the Russian plane that went down the other day. I feel like we are in the twilight zone sometimes. Like I said I ain't scared just dazed.

AlphAlpha

Originally posted by AlphAlpha:
I dont plan to live in fear but nor do I plan to live stupidly either. What I mean is that sometimes I see stuff on the news lately that makes me wonder what the true story is. This Anthrax story is an axample, when it first broke on the news, it was dismissed from being terrorism very quickly, but the fact that it was in Florida and i think very closely to where the terrorists went to flying school seemed more than a coincidence. Another thing that makes me wonder is that the Ukraine military is denying that they shot down the Russian plane that went down the other day. I feel like we are in the twilight zone sometimes. Like I said I ain't scared just dazed.

AlphAlpha

Plane crashing in Italy......what's the next coincidence?

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!

Originally posted by TheU2:
Plane crashing in Italy......what's the next coincidence?

CK

It sounds as though that was simply human error, there was a heavy fog and the plane went onto the wrong runway, then tried to avoid a small plane with a few people on it, hit the plane and crashed. An accident. But a terribly sad and awful one. 119 dead, apparently. I think that with everything this would have to be the worst year in the history of the aviation industry.

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 10-08-2001).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
It sounds as though that was simply human error, there was a heavy fog and the plane went onto the wrong runway, then tried to avoid a small plane with a few people on it, hit the plane and crashed. An accident. But a terribly sad and awful one. 119 dead, apparently. I think that with everything this would have to be the worst year in the history of the aviation industry.

I agree, it does seem to be human error and/or weather related. Its just so damn coincidental.

CK

------------------

Fear Is An Illusion.

I think the best thing that we can all do is to become part of the solution. Instead of relying on law enforcement to protect us 24/7, we must all keep our eyes open to what is going on around us. I do not see these terrorists as being perfectly diabolical. They make mistakes - big ones at that. Just look at how many of these idiots have been caught for the stupidest reasons. Those two guys on the train was a perfect example. They got into an argument, which drew attention to them, and their luggage was filled with incriminating evidence. Not too swift. Or how about allowing the Flight 93 plane passengers to make all those phone calls to the ground? They killed a plane of people, but their plan of mass destruction was foiled. Again, poor execution. Now that the element of surprise is virtually eliminated for their next action, they will have to do something really over the top to beat our defense systems. Such a major action will require more intense planning, which makes them more susceptible to exposure.

I just think that if citizens become proactive and question unusual activity that they observe or hear about, the lives' of terrorists becomes extremely difficult.

I agree that bio-terrorism is a major threat. I hope our government is doing everything possible to prepare for the different scenarios that could occur. While it is a natural reaction, I do not believe that fear does us any good right now.

AJ

Originally posted by Hawk269:
I think the best thing that we can all do is to become part of the solution. Instead of relying on law enforcement to protect us 24/7, we must all keep our eyes open to what is going on around us.

AJ

CK grabs rifle and runs outside to hunt down terrorists.

CK

------------------

Originally posted by Hawk269:
They make mistakes - big ones at that. Just look at how many of these idiots have been caught for the stupidest reasons. AJ

Ya, like when they bombed the WTC the first time, they brought a rental car back and wanted their money back for it....

If the Florida cases are a terrorist act then it is likely they were just a test run to test how lethal their anthrax spores were and possibly to test a delivery method.
When they hit us it's going to be far more dramatic than a couple of cases in Florida. Maybe it's a coincidence but I'm nervous.

MP

I agree, it's very disconcerting to hear about this possible new threat. but we just all have to go on living our lives! each of us could die at any minute- you can never tell when your time is up. i'm not trying to be morbid- quite the contrary. the chances of being directly affected by terrorism are slim. just go about living each day to the fullest! be cautious and wise, yes, but don't live your life in fear of terrorism. the chances of getting hit by a bus while you cross the street are probably much greater, but none of us probably worries about that very much. don't be afraid- that's exactly what the terrorists want to accomplish!

Back
Top Bottom