Bill Bailey mocks Edge.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill Bailey was hosting some wildlife programme about building habitats for creatures that were in danger in one way or another, and there was a part where they had to shift stuff, and Bill Bailey sed that they were struggling for space in their vehicles coz they didnt have 60 mamouth trucks like U2. So they even get mentioned on wildlife programmes

gman said:
Bill Bailey was hosting some wildlife programme about building habitats for creatures that were in danger in one way or another, and there was a part where they had to shift stuff, and Bill Bailey sed that they were struggling for space in their vehicles coz they didnt have 60 mamouth trucks like U2. So they even get mentioned on wildlife programmes

I thought you meant Bill Oddie but then remembered Bill Bailey had done a wildlife prog too :wink:

I love Bill Bailey the man's a genius. His Part Troll DVD is sheer brilliance if you get the chance to watch it. I bet Edge & co see the fun in it too.

As if none of rock guitar players didn't depend on their instrument and various effects, captain obvious.

Sure everybody can play with that effect, but no one masters it like Edge do.

Edge is a very good guitarist, just listen to
"All Along The Watchtower"(LT tour), Fly(Elevation tour), LIB, H269...

Peterrrrr said:

Again ... it's just a joke.

You're in a U2 forum. We know The Edge. We know all of this.

It's a joke.

Nice, I haven't actually seen much of him outside of Black Books.

Peterrrrr said:

:|

ok i admit, i laughed when jingle bells came in...but it is kind of frustrating to think that he probably does really think that's all the edge is, not to mention the couple thousand people he probably just brainwashed with that whole joke.

and, philly, no worries, I'm pretty light :wink:

Rob33 said:
ok i admit, i laughed when jingle bells came in...but it is kind of frustrating to think that he probably does really think that's all the edge is, not to mention the couple thousand people he probably just brainwashed with that whole joke.

:banghead: Who is he brainwashing??? It's called stand-up. Everyone's gets made fun of. No one is spared. Don't be such an over sensitive fan! Geez!

Zootlesque said:

:banghead: Who is he brainwashing??? It's called stand-up. Everyone's gets made fun of. No one is spared. Don't be such an over sensitive fan! Geez!

I disagree :down: I think we should all start hating on Bill Bailey for dissing the Edge :grumpy:

:wink:

Zootlesque said:

ehh, you may be right, maybe i'm being too sensitive, but i can't force myself to not be annoyed if that makes any sense, i can't help it :shrug:

Some of you people need a sense of humour.

Rob33 said:
but it is kind of frustrating to think that he probably does really think that's all the edge is

Why is it frustrating? Even if he does think that (and since it's a comedy act, he possibly doesn't), who really cares? It makes no impact on your life or enjoyment of the music, so it shouldn't be frustrating.

not to mention the couple thousand people he probably just brainwashed with that whole joke.

Brainwashed? By a comedian? That's definitely one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum.

I'm reminded of a quote by comedian Bernard Manning that I read recently: "I tell jokes. You never take a joke seriously."

well maybe brainwash is too extreme :scratch:

i think the reason i'm responding to this comedian like this is because whenever I'm conversing with someone about U2 and edge is brought up (many times this happens with guitarists that are friends of mine), I can't seem to escape the "edge is just an effects guy" attitude...it seems like the only people who understand the edge are on forums like this!....and this comedian doesn't help my case in any way hahaha...oh well...it annoys me I can't help it!!! :grumpy:

Rob33 said:
I can't seem to escape the "edge is just an effects guy" attitude...it seems like the only people who understand the edge are on forums like this!....and this comedian doesn't help my case in any way hahaha...oh well...it annoys me I can't help it!!! :grumpy:

You got to let it go..

Be strong.. Rob33
new album year is coming up.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
(but it's so much fun)

Zootlesque said:

hahasv1.jpg

sue4u2 said:

You got to let it go..

Be strong.. Rob33
new album year is coming up.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
(but it's so much fun)

ohhhh, yes, album year....i'm so clueless as to what it's like...i've lived through past U2 releases with very few U2 fans to talk to....and now what do we have here..........oh the excitement! :hyper:

oh, I thank God for this band....

Back
Top Bottom