Big Big Big Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WKMahler

The Fly
What to do.

I offered up blanks and postage to anyone last month and one person who responded went on to state he is of a domain N. A. M. E. (I'll keep it private) yet I held off on sending him the entire collection of Vertigo 2005 shows (all California, 4/10 and 4/15). Why? Because when his package came with blanks, he only left himself known as KJA/N. A. M. E... I knew nothing else but with research using his return mailing address I find that his other domain leads to a scalper ticket agency. Upward of $2000 per two tickets to see Springsteen or U2.

Now I ask you this. Should I keep my promise to send out these otherwise finished CD's? Yes or No. Know this: I've got no tickets to either Springsteen or U2, is it but wrong of me to suggest to him that a pair of tickets to see Springsteen (already saw U2, never seen Springteen) given freely and kind heartedly? I know, you are probably thinking it's like paying for tickets with bootlegs aka taper friendly band music so therefore, I'm not taking tickets, anyone want some cd's?

As for the ticket agency, http://www.tixxman.com New Jersey.

I urge you to read what Rolling Stone Magazine has to say about scalpers in this months issue.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...s?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion

The article mentions Springsteen & U2.

hmmm, this doesn't really belong in LS, but i'm not sure if it belongs in the mp3 forum since you're not asking for trades or anything.

i'm gonna move this to eykiw is guess. :shrug:

btw, are you are going to send his blanks back to him?

that alone is a bit suspicious that he wants the whole damn tour and all he's giving you are blanks. i know for some that's a fair trade, and i agree, but not for that many boots.

Perhpas I'm a bit confused on what your asking.

If you are asking whether or not you should send bootlegged concerts to a potential scalper I would have to say no and return his blanks.

If you are asking whether or not you should get Bruce Springsteen tickets in return for bootlegging the tapes for him, I'd say no to that too. But I guess it is a trade.... (I don't think the person would go for it)

But it's up to you what you feel right doing, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom