Bid on Bonos Ducati 916

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
The award winning UK charity, Riders for Health is offering people the chance to own a motorcycle owned by the U2 lead singer and activist, Bono, in an auction to support their lifesaving work in Africa. This once in a lifetime opportunity is set to take place at the International Motorcycle and Scooter Show at the Birmingham NEC which runs from 23rd November – 2nd December.

The red Ducati 916 has a truly star-studded history having belonged to the late INXS front-man Michael Hutchence, and then Bono. The bike has also been owned by U2 member Adam Clayton. Now this motorcycle will be saving the lives of children in Africa by supporting Riders for Health.

Bono, a leading campaigner for Africa since the 1980s, donated the motorcycle to Riders for Health to raise money to help health workers in Africa reach rural villages with essential healthcare. He signed the tank of the bike with a touching personal message in memory of his late friend, Michael Hutchence, putting ‘For Michael, Bono’.

This is a unique chance to own a motorcycle that has belonged to three of the biggest names in rock music.

For more information on how to bid for this amazing lot people should visit the Riders for Health website at www.riders.org. Those eager fans wishing to attend the auction on 2nd December at the NEC Bike Show can book their tickets for the Show at www.motorcycleshow.co.uk or on 0870 739 2007. The auction will take place on the Black Horse Stage in the Arai Entertainment Zone at 12 noon.

Riders’ CEO, Andrea Coleman, said:
‘Bono’s commitment to Africa and his support for those living in poverty and ill-health is well-known. And for us at Riders for Health, reaching those people in rural Africa is our focus and is a major challenge. Riders for Health knows that you can’t save a child unless you can reach her. Bono’s support for our work is valued highly and we thank him.’

All the proceeds from the sale of this amazing lot will go to help support the work of the award winning UK based charity, Riders for Health. Riders trains African health workers in motorcycle riding and maintenance, enabling them to reach remote villages with the kind of regular, reliable healthcare we take for granted.

One public health worker in Africa is often responsible for up to 20,000 people over an area of up to 300km, so mobility is vital.

Three million people die every year in developing countries because of lack of access to treatment.
Four million African children each year die before their fifth birthday.

Riders provides health workers with properly managed vehicles that never break down so they can deliver healthcare day in, day out. The charity has programmes in Zimbabwe, The Gambia, Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania.

Riders for Health currently reaches almost 11 million people in Africa. The money raised in the auction will help to support Riders’ goal of reaching an extra 10 million people by the end of 2008.

For more information on how to bid for this unique lot, please mail Jennie Goodman at Riders for Health: jgoodman@riders.org.

http://www.superbike-news.co.uk:80/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=10454&z=4

I think Larry rides bikes, but Bono? any other bike owners here? i have a Honda Hornet 600 (Known as a Honda 600 in states) Soon upgrading to a Yamaha R6.

Right now in the stage of getting my motorcycle licence. :)

When i get it it will either be a Kawasaki or a Duc. No Honda for me, although the Yamaha is a nice one as well! :)

jinn77 said:
I think Larry rides bikes, but Bono? any other bike owners here? i have a Honda Hornet 600 (Known as a Honda 600 in states) Soon upgrading to a Yamaha R6.

Larry does ride, and so did Bono... during JT/RH era Bono had a harley, Greg Carroll died in a traffic accident while he was riding Bono's harley home...
didn't know he got a new one afte rthat tho...

schnumi, i wouldnt mind a Ducatti 1098, out of price range though.

gabrielvox said:
Oh. My. God.

My absolute favorite bike since I was a kid.

Ducati :drool:

ok so now who wants to hit a Brinks truck with me?

gabrielvox :angry: :rant: Wish I could help you and the cause out with this one.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom