Beyond 3rd Leg.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
Here is rumor from u2tours.com:

Elevation ... beyond the 3rd leg
Here's a collection of the rumors we've heard so far for various cities and regions for beyond the 3rd leg of the Elevation Tour. This list began taking shape in Fall, 2001 and is updated as new rumors/information comes in.

Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo, Brazil - January, 2002
Buenos Aires, Argentina - early 2002
Mexico - early 2002
Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadium (Summer 2002)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Summer 2002 (Arena)
Werchter, Belgium - Summer, 2002 (Festival Grounds)
Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Summer, 2002 (Arena)
Saint-Denis, France - Summer, 2002 (Stade de France)
London - Summer, 2002 (Hyde Park)

Still going...nothing out lasts the U2 bunnies!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

How wonderful that would be for so many of you! I hope these rumors amount to something!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

im excited about the london one...im supposed to be in london in june...i hope our schedules match up!

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by ZOOTB:
Here is rumor from u2tours.com:

Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo, Brazil - January, 2002
Buenos Aires, Argentina - early 2002
Mexico - early 2002
Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadium (Summer 2002)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Summer 2002 (Arena)
Werchter, Belgium - Summer, 2002 (Festival Grounds)
Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Summer, 2002 (Arena)
Saint-Denis, France - Summer, 2002 (Stade de France)
London - Summer, 2002 (Hyde Park)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Come to visit me!!!!!!!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

rumours are...you know, just rumours...people talk...a lot

*but follower immediately remembered this verse: "there's still hope for a hopeless sinner"*
wink.gif

well, I'm very excited by the possibilty of U2 coming to Amsterdam next year

but I agree with Manda
they can't just skip Australia all together, can they ?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
if this is true..

why why why why why why why why why why why

i cant believe paul Mc guinness actually said they wont come here over money

But if theres a stadium tour then there's no excuse not to take it to Oz. They know what a large fan base they have. Not forgetting, Japan, China, Mexico etc.

August 26: An official from Universal Music Brazil has reportedly told a U2 fan that U2 will stop touring after the 3rd leg ends in November, then go into the studio in early 2002 to record an EP or album, then tour again from July to November 2002 in Europe and "rest of the world" countries not reached already on the Elevation Tour. (Thanks to Joao.)

Also heard that companies have been approached in designing an 'Elevation' stadium tour. It just wasn't financially viable to do an arena tour outside Europe and the US.

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 10-17-2001).]

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

i cant believe paul Mc guinness actually said they wont come here over money

im afraid that were his very words to me zoomanda...a very sad state of affairs...
frown.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

yeah i'd heard that Jon...

i just dont get it as other acts can afford to come.i dont believe for a second that even if they did have to charge big bucks for the tix that people wouldnt buy them. the album was number 1 here for ages and U2 are just as big now as they always were in Australia.

I just DON'T get it!

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 10-18-2001).]

Originally posted by raincloud:

Still going...nothing out lasts the U2 bunnies!
biggrin.gif

lmao!!
bunny1.gif

August 26: An official from Universal Music Brazil has reportedly told a U2 fan that U2 will stop touring after the 3rd leg ends in November, then go into the studio in early 2002 to record an EP or album, then tour again from July to November 2002 in Europe and "rest of the world" countries not reached already on the Elevation Tour. (Thanks to Joao.)

Also heard that companies have been approached in designing an 'Elevation' stadium tour. It just wasn't financially viable to do an arena tour outside Europe and the US.
WOW!!! a new album AND a tour for Europe!!
stars.gif

dance2.gif

------------------
Love is a temple
Love the higher law

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--Updated w/ new song!

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 10-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 10-18-2001).]

Personally I think U2 will definately be playing stadiums and larger venues in Europe next summer most likely in support of a new album or EP (kind of like Zooropa). They grossly underplayed the European market on the 2nd leg and I think this was done on purpose.

I also wouldnt be surprised if they wound up in Australia and Japan in the fall of 2002. I cannot imagine U2 would skip Australia completely. They may do stadiums there though which would bring in more people and more money making it affordable for them to play there.

I guess we will just have to wait and see but I'am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. I will be very envious though if a new album is released and you get to hear the some of those songs live. Much like I was during the Zooropa and Zoomerang tours.

Back
Top Bottom