Beware if you move and have a big U2 collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
I found this on another mailing list and it's a terrible story! You'd never think anything like this would happen to somebody, but it did. So if you move, take your U2 stuff with you in your own car!

Hello, I am Katie Lovering, a former Boston resident, who saw U2 7 times in 1 1/2 yrs 1992-93, but have been a lifelong fan since 1980. I moved to Colorado in 2001, and my movers illegally sold all my and my son's belongings illegally after they did a bait and switch to us upon delivery. They broke 2 federal statues governing movers, and have a pending lawsuit to recover monetary damages....but that cannot replace the photos I took of U2 during my most fun EVER year and a half in my life! I lost an unopened Achtung Baby LP, all my U2 CD's, 4 full photo albums of U2 photos(some signed by band and staff),some U2 comic books I found in Kansas CIty, U2 concert programs, T-Shirts, a 45 of "A Celebration", bumper stickers, ticket stubs(one was unused, from U2's Kansas City concert, I was invited to the sound check and did not have to use my ticket!), and the occasional backstage pass that I acquired (1 from my cousin, whose band opened for U2 in Worcester, MA, he was the drummer of the Pixies) and one I found in Cardiff, Wales in 1993.I had autographed 5x7's of Adam, Edge, and Bono, 2 of Bono, who told me I am an excellent photographer in August 1992 in front of the 4 Seasons Hotel! (were any of you there?) Anyway, if I have traded any of my photos to you, or have any you'd let me buy (from any show) please send me a message! (KatielovesU2) I would greatly appreciate it. I am slowly buying all my U2 CD's back, and adding new ones to my collection, and would like to get a photo album together also. Thank you for your help!!!! Katie

If anybody can help her replace any of her stuff, or if you bought the illegally sold memorabilia, please contact her at :

kmlovering44@earthlink.net

Katie I really do feel for you-cuz it happened to me! A storage facility in La sold all my stuff, too when I moved to Las Vegas! So, I too have had to start all over. But how do you do that-replace all those memories that were tied to the collection? I have been a fan since 1981-seeing them from LA to AZ, England, Erin and my fave, Live-Aid, 1985! But they will always be #1 with me in my heart-because that's were their music is, and NO one can steal that away from me!! Rock On, Sister!

note to self: don't use a storage or moving company.
In the seattle times a few weeks ago, they had a huge story all about a rotten moving company, I'm so naive, I was stunned by the thought.
But what else are you to do if you're moving across the country?
man oh man, what a world.....
:tsk:

Each time I've used movers, I've moved two types of things on my own....... computers/electronics and my music and U2 collection.

Back
Top Bottom