Best Version of "ONE"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally like the versions post 9-11...Las Vegas is good, but I'll bet that any from the NY concerts in the fall are excellent.
There's so much passion in the song during the 3rd leg...almost as if they had a new reason to sing that song, well I guess they did....
Is this for your box set for your friend?
Let us know what your track list is when you're all through!

I was just curious. i was at the notre dame show on the 3rd leg and one was amazing, as it always is.
do you have any more suggesitons on the setlist or even pics for cover art on the box set?

Certainly........
I think someone mentioned a collage for the cover art. How many CD's are you making? How are you going to organize the track list? If you were going to do it in chronological order, the covers could be corresponding pictures to the music. For instance:
Disc 1. early U2, early U2 pictures on the cover(or a collage of early U2)
Disc 2. late 1980's U2, same era of pics.

But I don't know how you want to arrange the tracks, and I don't know what would be best. I'm not sure if you should skip around all eras or not. Since I don't have discs like this, I can't really tell you from personal experience. But I'm sure someone here can!

I made 4 disc set, using only studio work. I mixed up the track list (not chronological) and I like it that way. I used some common combinations from tours (i.e. please before streets, mofo, I will follow, EBTTRT, Zoostation, The Fly tec.) It works well I think. The main reason I didn't go chronologically was because, IMO, each album can be listened to wholy, If i want to listen in order, I'll just pop the albums in.
I also made a 2 disc live compilation, that came out great, especially when I used "40" from Under A blood Red Sky into Streets from the Boston DVD. Good stuff.

RickFly said:
nowyou have me wanting to do the 4 disc studio and 2 disc live.

Any specific pic recomendations?

I'd stick with mixing the live stuff in with the studio tracks...but that's just my opinion.
Didn't the PLEBA girls help with pics? What are your favorite pics?

Well,

Quite personally - I love "One" from Popmart. Especially the performance at Mexico ("for Michael Hutchence"). I will admit that post-9/11 that the song took on an even more weight than it was already holding - but Popmart will always be #1 in my heart.

Then again, there was the orchestra/warchild version.

- The Zoocifer -

I think "One" from the Irving Plaza gig is the absolute best version ever. Bono threw in a little bit of "Walk On" at the end and it made the song absolutely soar.

One from Irving Plaza is awesome, no doubt. But there is another special version I love, not the whole band though, only Bono and Daniel Lanois in Washington DC, during the celebrations of the Millenium Eve. It resembles a little like the Warchild Modena concert, with and orchestra and all. Bono added some verses of George Harrison?s My Sweet Lord, beautiful.

And how about the Sarajevo Popmart concert? Another outstanding performance IMO, despite all problems Bono had with his voice, you can feel his emotion for being there, singing to those people.

Back
Top Bottom