Best version of 11 o'clock tick tock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
What do you reckon is the best? I mean the ultimate representation of the song. Is it the UABRS version?
We're talking performance and sound quality here. Like if you had to pick one version of the song to be played publicly type of thing..
I can't be arsed to decide for myself. so i needs yours helps.

New York, St.Patrick's Day 1982

Amazing 6 minute version, nice improvisations from both Edge and Adam, with a Give Peace a Chance snippet.

No fucking contest: 4 November 1981, Berlin. THREE SOLOS. Available in great quality proshot DVD too.

Also, the Elevation Tour version should be shot into the sun, especially the Irving Plaza version. On second thoughts, maybe it should be marketed as a cure to insomnia.

Axver said:
No fucking contest: 4 November 1981, Berlin. THREE SOLOS. Available in great quality proshot DVD too.

And also the ultimate example of the famous "Bono left hand direction" that they rave about in U2 by U2.

Elevation Tour was painful, but then again, so was almost everything on the Elevation Tour.

It always works. Like Party girl (and maybe Fast cars in the future) it is one of the most popular non-album songs live.

Watch out guitar heros, Edge will outsolo anyone! :rockon:

Last edited:
Axver said:

Also, the Elevation Tour version should be shot into the sun, especially the Irving Plaza version. On second thoughts, maybe it should be marketed as a cure to insomnia.

Ax Ax Ax, I agree with with you on many things, but this is just plain wrong..go wash your ears son;)

Back
Top Bottom