BEST U2 tribute bands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
So I've been all over the internet trying to find a good tribute band, who can either;

A) Play music exactly to the real thing or B) Sing exactly like Bono

While no band can truely be U2, these are what I think are the best tribute bands out there.

1. Lemon -- A band from Chile, they've done such songs as "When I Look At The World", "Dirty Day", "One Tree Hill" and "Please" really good songs. Here is a link to their website, I'll post some of their songs a little later:
http://www.lemonweb.cl/descargas.htm

2. Vertigo -- a band from Chile, sounds almost like the real deal at times. They have played songs like "In God's Country" and "Lemon" and are on par with the band and Bono.
http://www.vertigou2.cl/htm/main.htm

3. Unforgettable Fire -- A New York based tribute band, where the lead singer looks almost identical to Bono, while the voice may not be on par some of the time, it certainly captures the soul and passion that Bono has. They've performed many songs, including "A Sort Of Homecoming" and a good rendition of "Miracle Drug" Really good group, worth checking out:
http://www.uf2.com

4. U2Zoo -- a band from Wisconsion (USA) who may not entirely look like the band, but the lead singer does an AMAZING JOB at playing Bono. If you listen to older songs like "Gloria" or "Sunday Bloody Sunday" or "With Or Without You" you'd swear you were hearing the 80s Bono. Check these guys out!
http://www.u2zoo.com/

5. 2U -- These guys are pretty good, though the guitarist could use some work on the songs. However, the main singer has a mamouth voice, and when listening to songs such as "Where the Streets Have No Name" you often think of Bono during the Joshua Tree tour, his haunting, yet beautiful voice soars. This singer has captured it. They offer a lot of songs, and "Pride" has Bono (in the 80s) soaring on the "Ohs" before the beginning of the song. Good band if you want a feel of vintage U2 again.
http://www.notu2.com

I've never seen one, myself, but my friend and I are planning to go and see one playing in Glasgow on St Patrick's Day... should be a laugh!

Oh it's in a club called Campus, I am reliably imformed by my friend! That's good we are going to the same one then! :D I hope they're okay, I'm a bit :| about anything less than the real deal.

www.U2JT.com .....fantastic band!

Chas; incredible guitar, great talent!
Ron; superb bass...looks just like the Grey Fox ladies.
Mike; awesome behind the drums.
Jason; uncanny voice resemblance to Bono's voice.
All of them great people to hang out with. They truly care about their fans.
:up:

To quote another person that saw them perform for the first time in Las Vegas....".......who needs the real band when we can see these guys perform like this!"

Do not hesitate to be a part of one of their performances when they play again.......check the schedule, a couple of them are coming very soon.

I saw one that was based out of Chicago I think, can't remember the name. They were really good, but some of these bands are kind of creepy.

theu2fly said:
3. Unforgettable Fire -- A New York based tribute band, where the lead singer looks almost identical to Bono, while the voice may not be on par some of the time, it certainly captures the soul and passion that Bono has. They've performed many songs, including "A Sort Of Homecoming" and a good rendition of "Miracle Drug" Really good group, worth checking out:
http://www.uf2.com

meh... whoever does their webpage must be stupid.

funny i was just going ro ask around about The Unforgetasble Fire because they soon playing a t BBKings club here in Manhattan NYC

I did hear 2u play 3 {2 BomB0 and 1 other at brooklyn's Gutair center opening in ?nov/dec 05

I wasn't impressed with the singer at all.....the bass & drum were pretty good to good

onn the other hand i thot the Edgeguy was fantastic!

:shrug: :D

Still waiting for one of these bands to come to DC................

i've seen the unforgettable fire a few times...the guitar player even did 'van diemen's land'.
helluva good time. it's like the world's greatest jukebox,but live. really good time. if you're ever bored and they're playing in the area, go. take a cab or something, and plan on getting smashed. it's a really, really fun time.

It's not a band, and I don't who's the pianist, but the piano tribute to U2 is gold :drool:

unforgettable fire is awesome.

St Patty's day in NYC can not come soon enough

Yeah, Headache, the webpage sux:wink:

Numb1075 said:
unforgettable fire is awesome.

St Patty's day in NYC can not come soon enough

Yeah, Headache, the webpage sux:wink:

Unforgettable Fire is just awesome!!!!

See you guys on St. Paddy's day!!!!

Headache - I must say the webpage REALLY does blow!!!! I bet even you can do a better job.

:wink:

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:
yborcityobl - make sure you let us know what you will be wearing or something, so that we can spot you.:wink:

I have a late afternoon meeting in Stamford, CT- I was hoping to be able to change into something more suitable for the ocassion. I might be the only one there with business attire Yourself or Headache wasn't at the Pre-Concert Party in Hartford? UF was just on fire that night - especially Mick.

david said:

:lmao:

And Mr BAW said poutine!! :yuck:

I've heard a number of U2 tribute bands and I will suffice it to say I have my favorite. They are all different. Some have great websites and not so good sound, and then vice versa. Most have the commonality of the fact they just love the music and THOSE are the ones that get my vote. There's no contest here, all the tributes are winners for just doing what they love.

I've been to see a Uk band called ZU2 a few times..

Brilliant night out when you're in need of a fix

Edgette said:

Yes Vertigo is a very good band .. I know they don't have any pics up of their Bono or audio but that's just because they went through a little change. I think in the next two weeks or so they should have audio and pics up. If anyone here is going to Hawaii and bought tickets through ETS then you'll get to enjoy Vertigo at the ETS U2 Luau.

Also they play a lot in the Chicago area so if you're in town check them out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom