Best U2 Tour Stage Design?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan said:

Just curious, what separates Elevation so far from Vertigo?
They look pretty close to me. And Elevation did it first.

Unless you're thinking about the main part of the stage, where the drum kit sits etc...
Then I understand. :)

Yeah. I think, taking in the entire stage at once (Main stage, ellipse, light curtains, and the circular stage LED lights) it's much more visually impressive than Elevation, plus it also ties in so nicely with the general visual theme for the album and Vertigo single.

Then, if you also want to include the European setup...

well.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

The Joshua Tree Tour. A basic stage with a really cool backdrop. No needless extras to clutter things.

Lancemc said:

Yeah. I think, taking in the entire stage at once (Main stage, ellipse, light curtains, and the circular stage LED lights) it's much more visually impressive than Elevation, plus it also ties in so nicely with the general visual theme for the album and Vertigo single.

Agreed.:wink:

Lancemc said:

:yes:

if you watch the promo of the Chicago DVD and compare it to Elevation...well...it looks way different to me. it's better :drool:

Jack In The Box said:
Boy tour

less is more!

Damn right.

I just prefer the JT Tour backdrop over the Boy Tour one. :wink: A bigger stage helps too!

Zoo TV. The Blade Runner idea, it worked, it's kinda spooky, futuristic and backward at the same time. The TV screens everywhere, and unlike Popmart they never actually threatened to over shadow the band. The trabants, the lighting, it all works really well. Not completely original in each of it's ideas, but perfectly put together, suited everything the band was saying and doing as well. Having said that, Popmart falls into number two for sheer extravagance. I remember the morning of the Popmart Sydney show, driving to the airport to pick up a friend who had flown in for the concert and seeing the arch sticking up over the top of the roof the stadium "Fuck yes." Elevation and Vertigo as an arena show look way too similar to me (but granted I haven't actually been to either), but the Vertigo stadium show looks pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom