Best u2 song that never was released as a single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gone. Absoutely. I can't believe that they released so many singles from 'Pop', yet still managed to overlook one of the best songs on the album.

In a little while, kite, seconds, do you feel loved, bullet, bad, wire...heartland,

lemon was just a video right???

Lemon was a regular single in Japan and Australia and a 12 inch only single in the US.

UnforgettableLemon said:
The Refugee/Red Light

Would have been a killer Double A-Side in the vein of We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! That single would have transformed U2 into rock gods before the Joshua Tree. I'm glad they didn't because their heads might have gotten too big and called it quits.

Gone

It should have been the first single off of Pop then Discotheque.

beau2ifulday said:
Gone. Absoutely. I can't believe that they released so many singles from 'Pop', yet still managed to overlook one of the best songs on the album.

Agreed.

Off the top of my head - One Tree Hill, Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, and Sort of Homecoming.

Was UTEOTW a single? I could swear I've heard it on the radio before... but I guess that doesn't mean it was actually a single. If it wasn't, then I'd say UTEOTW, or Gone. Or Acrobat. Or Do You Feel Loved. Or...well, there's a bunch, actually.

Best song never released on an album is easy enough though - MERCY.

Bad, Gone, Do you feel loved, Until the end of the world, Tomorrow, Twilight,... so many...

I think almost of all songs could be a single... They're all great songs, and with a good commercial releasement they could be good singles.

Stay cool

To offer some clarification:

- UTEOTW was released as a promo to radio but was not an official single.
- One Tree Hill was a single in NZ (and I think Australia). I have a copy of the 7" NZ vinyl so I am pretty sure about this one!

Back
Top Bottom