Best U2 Remixes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derrick_rossign

Acrobat
(not counting single remixes) my favorites are

In a Little While (Nightmare on Wax Remix)
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Best of Edit)
Elevation (influx Remix)
Walk On (Hallelujah Remix)
Yahweh (from iTunes Unreleased and Rare)

feel free to post your favorites too

Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) - definitely my favorite
Stay (Faraway, So Close! Soundtrack Mix) - like the drums on this version
Beautiful Day (Quincy and Sonance Mix) - I like how this has a major dance club vibe but the guitars from the original stay intact
Elevation (Influx Remix) - definitely the best version of this song, along with the new live arrangement for the Vertigo tour
Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) (Zoo Station Remix) - i LOVE the intro to this... it just has something
Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix) - funky

Desire - hollywood remix
God Part II - extended mix
Lounge Fly
Even Better than the Real Thing - perfecto
Numb - perfecto
Daddy's Gonna Pay - perfecto
Lemon - perfecto
Spinning Head - remix
Elevation - Influx
Original of the Species - killahurtz

Most U2 remixes are downright horrible, but there's a few that are good:

- Wire (Dub Mix)
- Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix)
- Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss)
- I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)

morgan1098 said:
Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) (Zoo Station Remix) - i LOVE the intro to this... it just has something

That's a great song. But despite its title, as that's the only version of Bottoms, does it really count as a remix?

Can't Help Falling in Love - Mystery Train Mix (full version)
Lady With The Spinning Head - Extended Dance Remix
Even Better Than the Real Thing - Perfecto Mix
New Year's Day - Francois Kevorkian Mix (with alternate lyrics)
Stay - Underdog Mix
Lemon - Perfecto Mix
Starting At The Sun - Rhythm Brothers Remix
Original Of The Species - Killahurtz Casa De Angeles Mix
In a Little While - N.O.W Remix
MOFO - Romin Mix
Window In The Sky - Jacknife Lee Mix
Miracle Drug - Redanka's Miracle Dub
All Because Of You - Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Edit

Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix )

Is way easily the champion

u2trinity said:

what's it from , don't think I've heard it ?

A promo-only 12". The A-side is an 8:20 remix called Mystery Train Dub. It's a great version - in fact you could almost say it's 2 songs in one because the first half is quite different to the 2nd half.

There's an edited version on one of those dodgy remix CDs (the fruit ones that copied Melon) but that version doesn't do the song justice.

^ So are you saying there's a Mystery Train Dub and a Mystery Train regular mix? Not according to U2wanderer... I only know of the Dub version.

You're right, the "edit" on More Melon is lame.

Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

Axver said:
That's a great song. But despite its title, as that's the only version of Bottoms, does it really count as a remix?
sure it does! :)
I thought the title just meant "This track is called Bottoms and it is a remix of Zoo Station".

Great remix. JAM!

gareth brown said:

sure it does! :)
I thought the title just meant "This track is called Bottoms and it is a remix of Zoo Station".

Great remix. JAM!

Yeah, I think the deal is that it's just a remix of Zoo Station. They just added the weird artsy-sounding title to make it fit with the Passengers project.

I feel that considering Bottoms to be a remix of Zoo Station is akin to considering The Fly or Ultra Violet a remix of Lady With The Spinning Head. Sure, Bottoms draws strongly upon Zoo Station but it stands on its own as an independent song.

Axver said:
I feel that considering Bottoms to be a remix of Zoo Station is akin to considering The Fly or Ultra Violet a remix of Lady With The Spinning Head. Sure, Bottoms draws strongly upon Zoo Station but it stands on its own as an independent song.

Quite right! Bottoms is fantastic!
Steel string mix of Night and Day and a 1000x better than the all around the weorld mix or whatever it's called, which basically finishes after the 1st chorus.

Axver said:

Not really...:huh: it basically IS Zoo Station only instrumental and rocked up a little.

...plus a little middle bit which they easily could have put the 'aaaahs' from the middle section of Salomé on since it's the same two chords. Those two songs always did have a similar groove to them...but still it's a Zoo Station Remix I don't get why that's such an extreme suggestion and gives birth to that idea that it's like going and relabelling other tracks!

That comment about the above mentioned songs is just a little extreme as they just broke up the song and added new bits and bobs into the resulting tracks, fair enough they kept basslines and little guitar bits here and there but it's not like they called The Fly "The Fly (Lady With The Spinning Head Remix)" is it?

Canadiens1160 said:
Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom