best u2 era t shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mucho traffico

Acrobat
ok whats your fav t shirts, i love the popmart ones the blue one with the lemon & shopping cart & dates on the back. also the green with the 3 symbols & popmart 97 on the back. i just loved the popmart era the zoo ones were great to :wink:

Probably the Achtung Baby baseball jersey shirt that I recently found again...

Black and Blue tshirts are the only ones I buy.

For that reason, Vertigo has a lot of cool ones.

The lemon one from POPMART is still the best,
There is a blue one with the zooropa logo that is awesome...

but i really like the symbol ones...

you know.. the front just has three symbols on it

for Zoo Tv is was a Trabant, A Star, and a Babyface
for Popmarti is was a recordplayer, a shopping cart, and a (hmm... what was the third symbol. I can't recall)
for elevation there were two:
one had a suitcase, an elevator and an airplane flying around the world
the other had a suitcase, an apple, and a dove
for Vertigo it has a "V", a bomb, and a peace symbol

The 3rd Popmart symbol, I think, was the globe logo they used that tour. I think.

As for the two Elevation shirts, the 2nd one (featuring the apple, etc) was done for the shows post-9/11. The symbolism is obvious: the apple for NYC (Big Apple), the dove representing peace, and the suitcase/heart, which, of course, was the tour's symbol for the things you can't leave behind -- friends, love, etc.

I thought those were beautifully done.

the popmart shirts were definitely the coolest. but i prefer minimalist/abstract designs anyway. i mean how many different photos of the band can you slap on a tshirt? boring. but even the "band pictures" popmart shirt was cool, just 4 simple b/w photos of the guys on a black shirt. and the blue lemon and green symbols shirts were both awesome. i remember having difficulty settling on one shirt to get, before picking the green one.

i also like the fact that they've done a 3 symbols shirt on every tour since zootv.

Back
Top Bottom