Best u2 cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovetown Watchtower rules all.

Satellite Of Love bores the living daylights out of me.

Zooropean103 said:
Night and Day or Dancing Barefoot

Well, the original poster did say live cover, and neither of those has been played live in concert by U2. Night And Day was done once by Bono and Edge at MusiCares in 2003, and Dancing Barefoot was never done at a concert but was once performed for a small audience invited into a soundcheck in Melbourne in 1989.

Last edited:
Axver,
You are very impressive with your extreme u2 knowledge- how long have you followed them, and how do you have the time to devote to this "obsession", do you sleep at all??:hmm:
How many times have you seen/met them?
:rockon:

I would have thought, courtesy of the "live" in brakets, was an either or question.
To cover all eventualities, al go with Dancing BArefoot for best studio cover.........and live is harder to answer, but think al go with Helter Skelter.

blm said:
Axver,
You are very impressive with your extreme u2 knowledge- how long have you followed them, and how do you have the time to devote to this "obsession", do you sleep at all??:hmm:

I've followed U2 in a serious capacity since late 2002. I never really made any serious effort to know anything and everything about U2 - I just read a lot and I have a good memory. Put it this way: how many people do you know have memorised Pi to 353 decimal places just for a laugh?

How many times have you seen/met them?

I've seen the band 10 times in concert. I've never really had much interest in meeting the band in the usual sense of seeing them outside a concert or their hotel. If I could actually sit down and talk politics, theology, and setlists with them, I'd love to meet them. But I'd love to meet anyone who'd like to sit down and talk about that stuff!

Live:

Helter Skelter
All Along The Watchtower (Lovetown version)
Instant Karma

Its interesting that they did rehearse Dancing Barefoot during soundcheck in Sydney during the Lovetown tour but decided not to use it. I think it would have been a good inclusion in the Lovetown setlists.

gman said:

Yes, yes,yes......all very good, but can you boil an egg???????????:wink:

No, but at least I have a good excuse: I'm allergic to egg! :wink:

1. All Along The Watchtower ('89/'90)
2. Southern Man ('83-'87)
3. Stand By Me ('87-93, '01)
4. Rain ('97)
5. What's Goin' On ('01)
6. Instant Karma ('05)
7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door ('85, '01)
8. Happy X-mas, War Is Over ('88)
9. Springhill Mining Disaster ('87)
10. Christmas (Baby Please ...) ('87)

... a great full band live cover Top 10, isn't it?
May U2 walk on forever!

Last edited:
Any of you heard the 30 seconds clip of their cover of John Lennon's "Instant Karma" that will be on Lennon's tribute album in June?......I think it's very promissing!

It's on u2blog.The link is on the right side in the news section.

01. All Along The Watchtower
02. Won't Get Fooled Again
03. Unchained Melody (studio)
04. Rain (I very much wish they would record this cause I love the live version)
05. What's Going On
06. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
07. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Live Zoo TV)
08. Everlasting Love
09. Helter Skelter
10. Neon Lights

The live versions of Help and Satelite Of Love are also beautiful. And the little I heard from Instant Karma tells me it's going to sound great, I didn't liked the live versions all that much though.

Last edited:
Just wondering , does anyone like the U2`s covers of Paint It Black or Fortunate Son ( Wild Horses single )?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

i think all of their covers are awesome. helter skelter is probably my favorite. and all along the watchtower

Back
Top Bottom