Best U2 concert DVD/ Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just got the Boston DVD what would everyone here reckon to be the best video/ dvd to get next?

I'm a big fan of the U2 Go Home, the Slane video. While Boston is a great show too, it is incredible to see them in their home city plus I think the performance looks a little more "real" and less prepared b/c apparently they weren't planning to release it as a dvd when it was filmed; whereas at Boston they knew they were going to so perhaps were trying a little harder to put on a good show. Just my thoughts...

Yea, i can see what ya mean, ah well Christmas is round the corner:wink:

Iv'e saw Zoo from Sidney, RTE showed it a few months ago, can't find it anywhere in Belfast so internet then.

I remember John Lennon´s words now "our best ( Beatles ) album was never released" :( :ohmy: I think the same situation happen with U2. With the exception of Zoo TV Live From Sidney and Red Rocks, all live videos have been quite dissapointing and average, really ( Talking about band performance, not about sound quality, lights, picture, etc, etc ):down: :tsk:

I´ve seen more than 20 live concert videos, and I´ve about 10 unreleased DVD bootlegs.
I really think there´re FAR BETTER performances than official ones like Pop Mart Mexico City 1997 ( Helsinsky 1997, Rotterdam 1997, Santiago 1998 and many others Pop Mart Pro- Shot concerts are far better by miles !!!:bow: ). Also there´re better filmed concerts than Boston 2001 ( Calgary 2001 is an example ):yes:. Also there´re better performances than ones from Rattle & Hum, etc.
Loreley 1983 or Devore 1983 are better than official Red Rocks.

The only one I really believe is TRULY a great one is Zoo TV Sidney 1993 :drool:

I want to get zoo tv sydney and pop mart mexico city but haven't been able to find them... :huh:

lauren430 said:
I'm a big fan of the U2 Go Home, the Slane video. While Boston is a great show too, it is incredible to see them in their home city plus I think the performance looks a little more "real" and less prepared b/c apparently they weren't planning to release it as a dvd when it was filmed; whereas at Boston they knew they were going to so perhaps were trying a little harder to put on a good show. Just my thoughts...

I agree. Boston was a great show too - I was there - but I LOVE the Slane DVD. I think Slane had a special magic to it that is captured perfectly.

Theres gossip going around that there will be a u2 boxed set DVDs released in March (i think March). It might be wise to ask for vouchers for Chrissie and purchase the set in the new year. perhaps? if the rumours are true that is.

I thought the boston dvd was good until I saw slane. OMG, it blew it out of the water. the constant energy of that show floored me. I still haven't seen zoo tv or sydney :sad:, I hope they come to dvd soon. Red Rocks is pretty amazing, too. The beautiful rawness of that show sealed the deal.

ZooTVSydney is my fav, although REDROCKS is way up there too. That performance is so energetic and from a female admirers' viewpoint - cor what a ass on Bono there in fantastic close-up!
(sorry, couldn't help adding that salacious comment!) :love: :faint:

I think that the best of the U2 Live videos/DVDs are in order:

1. Under A Blood Red Sky - Red Rocks 1983
2. Zoo TV Live - Sydney Australia 1993
3. U2 Go Home - Slane Castle - 2001
4. Popmart Live - Mexico City 1997
5. Rattle and Hum - 1988
6. Elevation Live - Boston 2001

Red Rocks was my first U2 video experience, and the show is outstanding. I've seen the US Festival video, and as great as that performance is, it's not Red Rocks. I think the Red Rocks experience must have been as close to a religious experience as you can get in a rock concert.

Sydney 1993 was just an outstanding performance. Hell, Adam was so hammered the night before he couldn't do the show, and then they blow the roof off the...uh, stadium. Well you know what I mean.

U2 Go Home Live at Slane Castle is a couple of notches better than the Boston show, and Popmart is a great production, but Bono struggles throughout that show with his voice, and Rattle and Hum is just too disjointed for me.

I hope they nail it this time with their concert DVD.

I think that the PopMart VHS is the band's best release. Zoo TV follows, but is hampered by a terrible audio track.

Rattle And Hum is obviously solid, as well...

I'm not a big fan of their last two "Live" DVD releases, though...

Under A Blood Red Sky is really solid, but tough to find...and it has aged.

the one on rté wasnt the full one left out key performances like dirty day, ultra violet & tryin ta throw ur arms, i was at goHOME and that is the best...get it

Back
Top Bottom