Best U2 Album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best U2 album ever?

• Boy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • October

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • War

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 46 23.6%
  • Rattle And Hum

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 80 41.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Passengers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Which one is at the top of the heap?

I'm including Passengers in the options even though it's not technically just U2.

Last edited:
popef5.jpg
:drool:

After years of being a diehard JT proponent, I've finally switched over to the AB camp.

It's Even Better Than the Real Thing's fault.

I voted for Achtung but Pop is :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm waiting to see if whoever votes for Passengers (believe me, there will be somebody!) will be brave enough to post here and explain or not! :macdevil:

Really easy to answer. For the band the poll is as follows:

In 2000, Best U2 album was ATYCLB

In 2004, Best U2 album was HTDAAB

In 2007, Best U2 album will be the new one :laugh: :lol:

:whistle:

This was a hard one for me. It was between AB and JT. I had to go with JT because that is the album I fell in love with U2 over. In God's Country is one of my favorite (under rated :( ) songs.. as well as Trip and Redhill...

discothequeLP said:
not your favourite album . . . the best album. and that will always be The Joshua Tree.

My favorite album is Unforgettable Fire. The most consistently good album is Bomb. The most successful album was Joshua Tree. The BEST album, however, is Achtung Baby. As Rolling Stone put it: "Achtung Baby is U2's first unqualified masterpiece."

Zootlesque said:
Which one is at the top of the heap?

I'm including Passengers in the options even though it's not technically just U2.

Thanks for making the poll Zootlesque!

I think the best albums are either

Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree, Zooropa, Pop, or The Unforgettable Fire.

I can't pick 1 in particular though :(

Surprisingly - with all the bashing of it on this forum - HTDAAB is heading for a 3rd position.

I don't listen to it the most, but The Joshua Tree is definitely their best album. That albums got its own familiar sound and location, quite like TUF.

It's not my personal favorite (that pick would go to AB or UF), but I think "The Joshua Tree" is probably their best album.

BANZAI said:
Surprisingly - with all the bashing of it on this forum - HTDAAB is heading for a 3rd position.

It depends really.

I think the Bomb has some of the best individual tracks compiled on one disc, but it's not a true great album to me atleast.

LPU2 said:

My favorite album is Unforgettable Fire. The most consistently good album is Bomb. The most successful album was Joshua Tree. The BEST album, however, is Achtung Baby. As Rolling Stone put it: "Achtung Baby is U2's first unqualified masterpiece."
That's about everything I could ever say about U2's albums. Brilliant post :up:

Back
Top Bottom