best tour setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
out of all of u2's tours, which tour do you think had the best setlist (the best usual setlist of that tour, like the normal one, not the greatest setlists they've ever played that happened to fall in that tour, unless that was their normal setlist)

I think the best was probably zootv, i mean, zoo station, ebttrt, uteotw, mysterioius ways, and love is blindness every night, plus running to a standstill --->streets is amazing

I often liked the Joshua Tree setlists, they were really good...

Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Out Of Control
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
Gloria

Tell me that's a not a knock out beginning!

I liked a lot , really a lot Vertigo , specially that it was the last tour they really changed things , while ZOOTV , PopMart , and elevation u kind of always what the encore would be :

Desire/UV/WOWY/ Love is....
Disco/IYWTVD/WOWY ... HTKK/MW/One ....
Bullet/WOWY/Fly/One/Walk On

But I would like to praise 2 tours , LoveTown and Popmart , probably the 2 most underrated tours , I mean they were so amazing , and people seems to only rememeber their previous , read JT and Zootv , while these 2 were actually better than ur previous , some highlights for me :

Popmart

GONE // REAL THING // LAST NIGHT // END OF WORLD or
BULLET // and :drool: PLEASE // STREETS

Lovetown

All I Want Is You // Streets // I Will Follow // I Still Haven't Found // MLK // The Unforgettable Fire // Gloria // God Part II,

I've always liked the Popmart setlist.

Mofo,
I Will Follow,
Gone,
Even Better Than The Real Thing,
Last Night On Earth,
Until The End Of The World,
New Year's Day,
Pride
I Still Haven't Found,
All I Want Is You,
Staring At The Sun,
Miami,
Bullet the Blue Sky,
Please,
Where the Streets Have No Name

Encore(s):
Discotheque,
If You Wear That Velvet Dress,
With or Without You,

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me,
Mysterious Ways,
One

Show covered Pop very well, had 4 hits off of AB, and had the classics. HMTMKMKM was a killer encore too.

Was a big fan of the early Vertigo shows.

Definitely Vertigo. How can you beat all these songs back to back. All of their albums have been awesome and you get all the hits plus the new stuff. Their tours only get better and better!

I like this one particularly :drool: cuz I was there!

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Rock 'N' Roll ****** (snippet) / The Message (snippet)
Elevation
Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet)
Until The End Of The World
Beautiful Day / All These Things That I've Done (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Torna A Surriento (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky/The Hands That Built America (snippet)/When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
One

encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
In A Little While
Bad / People Have The Power (snippet)

Vertigo towards the end of the 1st leg.
Popmart...pretty much all the way through.

And even though I know this isn't a really popular opinion, I found the first leg setlists on Elevation to be pretty great. After that it went to pieces, of course, but the first leg was fantastic.

i'm surprised no one's mentioned elevation yet

elevation
beautiful day
until the end of the world

as an opener is awesome, plus bad/all i want is you ---> streets is much better than pride---> streets, and closing with walk on is as good a closer as there is for any show

You can't beat the Boy trio (electric co/an cat dubh/into the heart) and the Achtung trio (zoo/fly/mysterious ways) added with Bad and a standard Vertigo set that included a fantastic War themed trio (Love and Peace/Sunday/Bullet). These particular Vertigo sets were probably the best.

Lovetown sets were really great too. And you could never go wrong with a late in the tour Zoo TV/Zooropa set either.

babyman said:
Zoo Tv, Popmart and Vertigo setlists are quiet superior

Agree with you. ZooTv for the AB string of songs in the begining, Popmart for the way it mixed that new sound with the old hits and the HMTMKMKM encore, and Vertigo because it brought lots of surprised and because of the 'blocs of songs' organisation that was an interesting detail. On the other way, the Elevation setlists didn't please me much...:huh: . 80's setlists are great too, specially the Lovetown ones...

Mmm kind of curious with Zootv was always that thing wow this is good , but theres still something missing ...... which I found in Popmart.

Zooropa(not that much of a when love comes to town fan) and Popmart(2nd and 3rd leg) for music. But, zooropa wins for having some changes
Vertigo wins for constant changing

Most definitely Zoo Tv setlist because during the first couple of legs of the tour was all about Achtung Baby and the classics. Then towards the final leg of the tour is when they statred adding Zooropa songs because that is when they were working on the album. So when Live from Sydney was recorded they had Achtung Baby songs, Zooropa songs, and the classics all in one concert. Now that's a concert!

I Will Follow
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
God Part 2
Desire
All Along The Watchtower
All I Want Is You
Bad
Van Diemen's Land
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
People Get Ready
Angel Of Harlem
When Love Comes To Town
Love Rescue Me
Two Hearts Beat As One
Pride
40. :)

I love when In A Little While is in the set list, I was lucky enough to see them perform this with Brandon Flowers in Vegas last Nov. It was Awsome!

Back
Top Bottom