Best three consecutive tracks **BESIDES** Streets/Still/WOWY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LAST NIGHT ON EARTH
GONE
MIAMI

I'm not trying to be controversial here, really. I think LNOE is one of the best rockers, period. Even without the extended live jam. Even without the single version.

Gone really needs no justification but this is one of their very personal, very emotional, soaring songs.

Miami captures the spontaneity of the band and their ability to try new things.

These songs are all totally different yet they flow perfectly from one to the other. And each has BLISTERING guitar work from Edge.

laz

Ultra Violet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bad-Indian Summer Sky-Elvis Presley :drool: :drool:

Rejoice-Fire-Tomorrow :drool:

not sure if this one qualifies because of Star Spangled Banner, but also: Heartland-God Part II-Bullet the Blue Sky

october36 said:
Promenade/4th Of July/Bad

YES, THANK YOU. I am glad someone else posted this!

Look, folks, there's no competition. Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad wins by a country mile. It might as well be one track.

Can't figure out why people are saying Ultra Violet --> Acrobat --> Love Is Blindness. I cannot imagine the diabolical tripe that is Ultra Violet being linked with the two best songs on Achtung Baby.

Ultraviolet is great and is the complete opposite of diabolical tripe.....:eyebrow:

Axver said:

YES, THANK YOU. I am glad someone else posted this!

Look, folks, there's no competition. Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad wins by a country mile. It might as well be one track.

Can't figure out why people are saying Ultra Violet --> Acrobat --> Love Is Blindness. I cannot imagine the diabolical tripe that is Ultra Violet being linked with the two best songs on Achtung Baby.

Or you could let people have their opinions without getting pompous about it.

ZeroDude said:
Ultraviolet is great and is the complete opposite of diabolical tripe.....:eyebrow:

In an alternate dimension, perhaps.

Originally posted by Sleep Over Jack
Or you could let people have their opinions without getting pompous about it.

Pompous? Where?

Seems it's alright to claim your opinion is absolutely correct only if you are praising Achtung Baby or anything else from the nineties. I see people making all kinds of wild claims about nineties U2 and presenting it as fact, and no-one ever argues with them or levels any allegations of arrogance, but the second I say that nineties U2 was but a shadow of eighties U2, I receive all kinds of baseless accusations.

Typical.

"YES, THANK YOU. I am glad someone else posted this!

Can't figure out why people are saying Ultra Violet --> Acrobat --> Love Is Blindness. I cannot imagine the diabolical tripe that is Ultra Violet being linked with the two best songs on Achtung Baby."

That isn't pompous? presenting your opinion as fact and constantly bahsing Ultraviolet in multiple threads..

1- With or Without You / Bullet The Blue Sky/ Running To Stand Still :yes:

2- Discotheque/ Do Your Feel Loved/ Mofo :bow:

3- Numb/ Lemon/ Stay :D

4- Staring At The Sun/ Last Night On Earth/ Gone :love:

5- Zoo Station/ Even Better Than The Real Thing/ One :heart:

Either:

Even Better Than The Real Thing - One - Until The End Of The World

or

Sunday Bloody Sunday - Seconds - New Year's Day

or

Beautiful Day - Stuck In A Moment - Elevation

or

Stuck In A Moment - Elevation - Walk On

or

Numb - Lemon - Stay

hmm....

Not my personal favorite, but

Walk On/Kite/In a little while

is worthy, with Kite being my personal highlight

Sleep Over Jack said:
"YES, THANK YOU. I am glad someone else posted this!

I don't think Promenade works well without The Unforgettable Fire preceding it , therefore, I'd have to leave Bad off of this list....

Sleep Over Jack said:
presenting your opinion as fact and constantly bahsing Ultraviolet in multiple threads..

But it's quite alright for Achtung Baby lovers to present their opinion as fact and bash ATYCLB in every single thread?

Nice hypocrisy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom