Best Streets Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Er, Streets may have opened some Lovetown concerts, but it wasn't by any means THE opener. It didn't even open the majority of shows.

I must correct myself here - I made a very slight mistake. I thought Lovetown had 49 shows, but it had 47. Streets opened 24, so yes, it did open the majority and by the faintest margin possible.

On the JT Tour, Streets opened most of the concerts, but it wasn't the sole opener. Stand By Me opened 18, Bullet opened 4, and All Along The Watchtower opened 1. I personally think Streets is the greatest opening song ever made and should return to that position. I fail to see how it was wasted there.

For further setlist opener/closer information, please see the link in my signature.

(By the way, I'm surprised so many people are saying Elevation Streets. I feel they slowed the song down a bit too much, though the psalm during the intro was wonderful.)

While I love the Popmart & Elevation versions, I find Edge's guitar into on the JT and Zoo TV versions much crisper and more pronounced.

The Joshua Tree tour at the LA Coliseum...I was on the floor about 20 rows back.. I must confess to being ripped out of my mind...but the lights went out...and then the music began and the Olympic flame was lit overhead and the place just freaked out over the burning flame, those red lights and Bono walking onto the stage, and Edge's guitar.... the ideal youth experience!!

Running to Stand Still into Streets or Please into Streets??

I've debated this for awhile and have come to find I can't make up my mind. I thought the Elevation versions were good but not up to that level. The best that I've heard was Bad into When I look at the World into Streets, but as far as I know they only did that once. Streets as an opener must have been fantastic I would've loved to have seen it.

Back
Top Bottom