Best songs NEVER on a U2 album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miss Sarajevo (if we don't consider Passengers a U2 album)
Lady With The Spinning Head
Salome
Silver & Gold
Summer Rain
The Ground Beneath Her Feet (it did make the UK version but not the US or rest of the world ATYCLB)

Last edited:
I'm going to give another BIG vote for 'I'm Not Your Baby' the version with vocals and 'Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)' -- great tunes. 'I'm Not Your Baby' is nasty (in a good way).

MERCY
That's the best B-side/outtake ever.
I'm fond of Are You Gonna Wait Forever? too.

Lady With The Spinning Head?

I'm sad that no one is mentioning North and South of the River. While the stripped down live version with the brass backing tape was more moving, that b-side is beautiful none the less.

The only reason it didn't make it on POP was probably because they already had one song on there about the conflict (Please). Other than that, this one should have been a classic. The "doo doo doo" section puts the one on Original of the Species to shame, especially as Bono and Edge are harmonizing on it.

laz

The reason they didn't put it on the album i think was because Christy Moore used it on *his or her, don't kno what gender* album 1st, so they had their "no cover rule" and didn't use it, only as the 3rd best b-side ever

after Lady with the Spinning Head and Silver and Gold

I count the b-sides releases as albums, so....

1. Another Day
2. A Celebration
3. Always

not sure where I rank the other thirty or so tracks that haven't been released on a U2 album.......and then there's the stuff from Unreleased and Rare which I'll need a few more listens of (but I adore "Love You Like Mad" and "Levitate)

Well let me try to break it down to 10 songs, no cover songs allowed....

Slug
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Ground Beneath Her Feet
11 O'clock Tick Tock
Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad
Lady With The Spinning Head
Spanish Eyes
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
Walk To The Water
Three Sunrises

Many more im sure I am forgetting about...but thinking about them U2 is such a masterful band to have songs as good as this not appearing on albums.

jick said:
As for the unreleased material (example Xanax and Wine) or the stolen material (example Heaven and Hell) - they were not even worthy to make it as a b-side in U2 standards so with more reasons they don't belong to any best non-album song list.

Cheers,

J

Totally agree...while Heaven and Hell has a good tune...it's pretty poor...and may I just ask what the hell's with putting 'Xanax and Wine' on that list...?! I personally think it's terrible...

Tripe, even...!

Back
Top Bottom