Best songs from the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
One of the best tunes will be #7:
History is on my side-

War-#7 Two Hearts
UF-#7 Bad
JT- #7 In God's Country
AB-#7 The Fly
Pop-#7 Gone
ATYCLB- #7 Wild Honey

Rattle and Hum- #7 Freedom for my people

:lol:

Reggie, I say the songs aren't finished because they are targeting a fall 2004 release (and that isn't even certain). Why would they wait another 8 + months to release songs that are in the can and all finished???

Swan is right, some are finished, some aren't. Maybe even a few havent even been put on tape or even written (improvised).

Jaweh, which is also spelled Yahweh, is pronounced as is it has a Y at its beginning regardless of how it is spelled.

Yah-Way.

Numb1075 said:
Reggie, I say the songs aren't finished because they are targeting a fall 2004 release (and that isn't even certain). Why would they wait another 8 + months to release songs that are in the can and all finished???

Numb and Chizip, my belief is that the songs listed in this thread are done. Those titles have been around for a year or two. I think U2 is working on completely different songs at this time. Paul McGuinness only said the "album" as a whole is not finished. That does not mean that there are not songs already done, right?

Didn't a famous person already listen to some of the new songs? I'm sure they wouldn't have allowed them to be listened to if they were not finished. My bet is they have at least six or seven songs completely finished. About three decent songs lacking the magic, two songs just laying around in hope of magic and a few songs which haven't even been written yet.

i think they are re-working the shite songs that bono was talking about as well as re-recording new songs. I think that in May or June they will pick the best of the lot and POOF!.......the album will magically appear.

JOFO said:
:scratch:

uummmm........yeah.

anyway, to answer the question, the best song will be the one they will release as the first single in january, followed by the album in march, and the tour in june.

oh wait.....that's not happening; I forgot.

its a safe bet to say this is going to happen :ohmy:

I like everyone's optimism here. I think even the songs that we've heard of (Origin, Jaweh etc) could basically be done. However, to make them nice and pretty for the album, they need Lillywhite, Thomas or (whomever is doing that nowadays) to add the magic. Also, we know Bono can be a slacker in the lyrics dept. We could be waiting for that as well on these "big new tunes"

Reggie Thee Dog said:

my belief is that the songs listed in this thread are done. Those titles have been around for a year or two. I think U2 is working on completely different songs at this time. Paul McGuinness only said the "album" as a whole is not finished. That does not mean that there are not songs already done, right?

totally agree with you :up: :up: :up:

I suspect we won't hear much until late Spring, early Summer. Reminds me of ATYCLB recording sessions. I remember they release "Ground Beneath Your Feet" and then dropped a few news pieces here and there, but nothing big until they gave us U2.com and the news floodgates opened. My guess we'll have a new single by late August/early September and a new album in October.

MrBrau1 said:
One of the best tunes will be #7:
History is on my side-

War-#7 Two Hearts
UF-#7 Bad
JT- #7 In God's Country
AB-#7 The Fly
Pop-#7 Gone
ATYCLB- #7 Wild Honey

All sevens are great, apart from AMAW....

Michael Griffiths said:
Sorry to break it to all of you, but Jahweh will go down as one of U2's greatest songs of all time. The above mentioned songs are very good, very rock n' roll... but cannot compare to Jahweh. Just my 2 cents.

what do you think about it now in 2005?

Back
Top Bottom