Best Song Survivor: Zooropa Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Eliminated, Babyface was in the last round. Remaining, nine songs are. Advance to the quarterfinal round, four songs from Zooropa shall. Twenty-four hours have you to vote for your least favorite song. Eliminated, that song shall be from our competition. Be found here, the rules may, for those just joining us.

I used to really dislike Some Days Are Better Than Others. Then, about a year ago, it really finally clicked with me. It'd be a shame if it leaves this early. My vote, again, goes to The Wanderer.

I'd rank this album as follows:

01. Zooropa
02. Lemon
03. Stay
04. Babyface
05. The First Time
06. Some Days Are Better Than Others
07. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
08. Dirty Day
09. Numb
10. The Wanderer

1. LEMON!
2. Zooooropa
3. The First Time
4. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
5. Babyface
6. The Wanderer
7. Dirty Day
8. Some Days Are Better Than Others
9. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
10. Numb

1. Zooropa 10/10
2. Stay 10/10
3. Lemon 10/10
4. Some Days Are Better Than Others 9/10
5. The First Time 9/10
6. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car 8/10
7. Dirty Day 8/10
8. Numb 8/10
9. Babyface 7/10
10. The Wanderer 7/10

Well if we're making lists

Zooropa
Stay
Lemon
Dirty Day (thanks to the superb live version)
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car
Numb
The First time
The Wanderer

Babyface

Lemon
Dirty Day
Zooropa
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
The Wanderer
The First Time
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Numb
Babyface

Oh boy, how to rank this...

1) Lemon
2) Zooropa
3) Stay
4) I guess The First Time?
5-9) I give up
10) Some Days

Didn't read the other threads...will non-album songs (HMTMKMKM, Electrical Storm) be done after NLOTH?

The Wanderer is one of my fave songs, apart from the awful wah wah wah wanderer version, so desperate fot that to stay.
So in order to save that it has to be Some Days, even though i think it's a decent track.

Some Days Are Better Than Others.

The Wanderer is awesome. Great lyrics, plus Johnny Cash. But I don't have any pipe dreams that it's going to make it more than another round or two.

Really? The Wanderer has the most votes so far? I love that song.
"I went out there in search of experience. To taste and to touch and to feel as much as a man can before he repents...Yeah I left with nothing but the thought you'd be there too. Looking for you...Yeah I left with nothing Nothing but the thought of you...I went wandering." Poignant lyrics from a 33 year old. Johnny Cash sings Bono's lyrics like he really knows what he's talking about. Who else but Johnny could sing them...if not for Bono,himself, of course. Sums up the whole ZooTV tour experience if you ask me. Anyway...Some Days Are Better Than Others...for sure.

^ Agree. Though my favorite part is:
"I stopped outside the church house
Where the citizens like to sit.
They say they want the kingdom,
But they don't want God in it."

The whole song has some of Bono's finest lyrics.

The alarm sound to close the album is a fantastic touch. Although it can be annoying when making a playlist.

The Wanderer and Some Days rank about equally for me, :hmm: both great songs. I only went with Wanderer since the votes are running close to equal right now too and maybe we'll get a tie from it.

Never been a fan of Daddy's Gonna Pay, so it gets my vote. I'm quite fond of Some Days and I like The Wanderer, so I'm not going to get into a battle between them - especially as neither would be in my top four songs to proceed. My top four are Zooropa, Dirty Day on the basis of its live performances, and any two out of Numb, Lemon, and Stay. Sometimes SDABTO will crack my top five, but let's be realistic here: even if The Wanderer is eliminated in this round, SDABTO will sadly go next.

01. Lemon
02. The Wanderer
03. Zooropa
04. Numb
05. Babyface
06. Stay
07. The First Time
08. Dirty Day
09. Some Days
10. Daddy's Gonna Pay

The score looks like 13 to 12 but who knows with vote-changing shenanigans.

A rare case of a song in the U2 catalogue that I've never enjoyed, Dirty Day gets my vote.

Would love it if The First Time progressed, it's a beauty of a song.

Wanderer is amazing towards the end with Bono chiming in with his vocals.

Certain, ahh, alternate Interference versions have better lyrics.

:up:

Some days - lyric is so throwaway. Some days are leaky are they? Really?

The lyrics are ridiculous but not every song Bono wrote has to be poetry. I love them and I love the song.

Zooropa
Lemon
Stay
Some Days
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Babyface
Numb
The First Time
The Wanderer
Dirty Day

Back
Top Bottom