Best Song Survivor: Zooropa Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Numb was eliminated in the last round. That leaves six songs competing for four slots in the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Regarding Original Soundtracks 1, I have an idea. I think I may do a non-album-song-style round at first, allowing people to check off their favorite songs, and then take the top seven songs (that's half of the album) and eliminate them the normal way. Does that sound reasonable? I do it, partially, because I'm planning on releasing song rankings within each album, and I'd like to have at least some data for OS1.

Love the song, and Johnny Cash is great. But this is where I vote the Wanderer off. Still wish I could hear the album version with Bono on vocals.

For fuck's sake. It's long past time for The Wanderer to wander away.

Hilarious that a mediocre song like The Wanderer lasted as long as it did...almost as long as the revered Acrobat. It says a lot about the relatively weak record it's on.

Sigh. If only The Wanderer and Acrobat had been played on the last tour, they'd have lasted longer than they did.

Oh well, there's always YBR and UV. And Zooropa winning these rounds is a foregone conclusion, it's the new Acrobat. :)

:lol: I was probably speaking in code that only makes sense to me. Or you probably have me on ignore for constantly voting for The First Time.

Or maybe I planted the idea in your head subliminally without you knowing, in which case I should exercise that superpower more often :evil:

I have no intention of voting for either The Wanderer or The First Time, so I guess I'm voting for Dirty Day.

Dirty Day was my vote last time and should be this time, but I'll sacrifice Wanderer to save The First Time.

The First Time for the second time. I don't think The Wanderer is quite a top five song on Zooropa, but it's better than The First Time. Shame neither Numb nor SDABTO have held on to make the top five with Zooropa, Lemon, Stay, and Dirty Day.

Regarding Original Soundtracks 1, I have an idea. I think I may do a non-album-song-style round at first, allowing people to check off their favorite songs, and then take the top seven songs (that's half of the album) and eliminate them the normal way. Does that sound reasonable? I do it, partially, because I'm planning on releasing song rankings within each album, and I'd like to have at least some data for OS1.

This sounds like a good solution. :up:

I suppose it's time to vote out The Wanderer, if only to save The First Time. I like Dirty Day a little less than it, though.

Your plan for Passengers sounds good, Digitize. :) I don't know how these things are usually run though, but it sounds like it'll work.

Wanderer, but only to save First Time.

I find Dirty Day to be severely average, and wish that it pissed off ages ago.

cannot believe Wanderer is still here and Babyface/Daddy/Numb are not :ohmy:

Well, Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I'm not going to piss him off by voting against his awesome song.

I can very much believe that The Wanderer is still here and Babyface is gone. I don't know how that could surprise anyone. I mean, it's Babyface. A recording of Bono trying to make fart noises with his armpit would probably be better.

Sigh. If only The Wanderer and Acrobat had been played on the last tour, they'd have lasted longer than they did.
actually, i hate to break it to you, but i did hear the wanderer (snippets count!) on the 360 tour :wink:

still hate the song though :) but it was a pretty special moment nonetheless.

I guess my vote is not popular...but that's ok. Still love the Wanderer and I do love the First Time...so Lemon...Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom