Best Song Survivor: War Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth and last round for War in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. Three War songs proceed to the early eighties quarter final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Two tied rounds in a row! In the last round, both Drowning Man and Surrender expired. This is thus the final round of War. The remaining three go to the final. If there is a tied outcome here, all four songs proceed.

QUARTER FINALISTS
1. I Will Follow
2. Out Of Control
3. The Electric Co.
4. Gloria
5. Tomorrow

ELIMINATED FROM WAR
10. Red Light
9. The Refugee
=7. Two Hearts Beat As One
=7. 40
=5. Drowning Man
=5. Surrender

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
26 votes: Drowning Man, Surrender
17: Like A Song
13: Seconds
4: Sunday Bloody Sunday
1: New Year's Day
(Total votes: 87)

I'm not voting just yet. My vote would ordinarily go to Sunday Bloody Sunday, but I am determined to see Like A Song make the finals, so I am willing to vote Seconds in aid of that cause if necessary. Even more ideally, I'd be happy to cast a vote that forces a draw and sends all four of these songs to the final.

I want to vote for Like A Song, but I fear my judgment may have been compromised by having heard live versions of all the others. So I'm gonna abstain instead.

I have a lot of heart for the studio NYD and SBS (seriously, I love that weird violin or whatever thing going on), and the other two I hold equally to them. But I'm going to vote Like A Song again just to piss Ax and Ian off.

Bonnie, you're making me question my tuf bono respect.

Respect for tuf bono must permeate all rounds of Survivor. But you ... you make me have doubt.

Cool, you guys just elimated my two fav songs from the album in one round. :angry:

wOAH Woah WOAH

Where did all the other songs go. :lol: I feel like I missed a couple of rounds!

I want LAS to stay, because I really like the song, so Seconds it is.

Seconds and Like A Song are about equal to me, but I had to choose something. Seconds gets my vote.

I don't know how we're going to get through tuf survivor :lol:

Easy. Just remove everything except ASOH, UF, and Bad. Almost nothing from the second half stands a chance.

Lightning flashes across the sky
East or west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight

:drool:

OR

And we love to wear a badge, a uniform
And we love to fly a flag
But I won't... let others live in hell
As we divide against each other
And we fight amongst ourselves
Too set in our ways to try to rearrange
Too right to be wrong, in this rebel song

:drool:

Touch tough choice. But I went with (voting out) Seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom