Best Song Survivor: War Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god, finally a close round.

So how many votes does it take to make the mercy ruling or whatever?

i've always thought a 20 vote lead is probably conclusive.

Yeah, I think that's more or less what Axver goes by.

Yeah, this. I haven't defined a precise moment when the mercy rule should be invoked. Having about a 20 vote lead when there have been over half the votes of the last full round cast tends to be a good point to say the result's not going to change and we might as well move on. But I give myself some leeway.

I'm also happy to mercy rule things if there's only an hour or two to go and something has a 10 vote lead with about the amount of votes of a normal round already cast. Sometimes I do that if I know I'm going to be out when the round ends and want to start the new one before I leave.

Would you like me to PM you or report the thread or something when I do invoke the mercy rule, so that you guys know and the old round doesn't sit around open for too long after I proclaim it mercy-ruled?

Sure.. you can just report and say 'move to archive' or something like that. I think I moved like 4 of them earlier :lol:

Sounds good, I'll do that from now on.

And back to the current round, I'm stunned at how many votes Like A Song is getting when it's traditionally been a fan favourite in these tournaments.

And back to the current round, I'm stunned at how many votes Like A Song is getting when it's traditionally been a fan favourite in these tournaments.

Intro always makes me think of banging in nails with a hammer - and Ive had some bad DIY experiences!

And wow, this thread still open. Time must be dragging with other stuff going off in here.

OK, I don't expect there to be another vote in the next 14 minutes, and if there is, too bad. I'm taking this tied result and running with it. This is a fucking long tournament to run, so I'm grateful for any ties that occur.

VOTING CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom