Best Song Survivor v2: War era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SIX songs from this era proceed to the Early 1980s Quarter Final.

Welcome to the War era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In the Boy round, The Electric Co. emerged as the most popular track. 11 O'clock Tick Tock managed to join the ranks of the album tracks to proced. All other non-album tracks failed to perform as well as anything from the album.

Please find October's rankings in the UF round.

INTERFERENCE'S BOY ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the quarter finals)
1. The Electric Co. - 64 votes
2. Out Of Control - 60
3. I Will Follow - 50
4. An Cat Dubh - 48
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock - 47
6. A Day Without Me - 33

7. Twilight - 28
8. Another Time, Another Place - 26
9. Into The Heart - 23
10. Stories For Boys - 22
11. Shadows And Tall Trees - 18
12. The Ocean - 13
=13. Touch - 10
=13. Saturday Night - 10
15. Street Mission - 9
=16. Another Day - 7
=16. Things To Make And Do - 7
=18. Out Of Control (U2:3 version) - 6
=18. The Fool - 6
20. Twilight (demo version) - 5
=21. Boy/Girl - 4
=21. Speed Of Life - 4
=23. Stories For Boys (U2:3 version) - 2
=23. Shadows And Tall Trees (demo version) - 2
(Total votes: 84)

For me, in order of preference from first to sixth: New Year's Day, Treasure, Like A Song, Drowning Man, Seconds, Surrender. Endless Deep missed out by a hair.

Now to make the UF round ...

In order with my favorite on top.

New Year's Day
Treasure
Seconds
The Refugee
Two Hearts Beat As One

Drowning Man and Surrender only barely didn't make it.

my vote isn't registering for some reason.

the first time I voted the screen didn't go to the usual results page. so I tried again, but recieved the message that I had already voted. however my vote isn't showing on the results page.

can someone help me out? :huh:

I think it's the forum hiccup... my votes for UF didn't show up at first. Are they showing now?

I voted Seconds, NYD, Like A Song, Drowning Man, The Refugee (damn straight), and Endless Deep.

Bass... :drool:

Looks like NYD has secured a finals berth, but damn this race for the other five spots is shaping up to be close.

Pity Treasure is not one of those in with a chance!

Looks like NYD has secured a finals berth, but damn this race for the other five spots is shaping up to be close.

Pity Treasure is not one of those in with a chance!

I know right! I have to say I'm really surprised by how little votes it's getting. It's such a great song! Maybe people don't like Bono's vocals? That's just another one of the things I do like about it.

Like a Song...
Drowning Man
Surrender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom