Best Song Survivor v2: Pop era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SEVEN songs from this era proceed to the Nineties Semi-Final.

Welcome to the Pop era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 48 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule. Remember that there is a tradeoff: if you vote for more songs, the power of each of your votes is dampened, but if you vote for fewer songs, you get to spread your influence less far.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. However, you are free to vote on the basis of live versions, alternate versions, remixes, etc., as in the normal version of Survivor. Basically whatever you think best represents the song in your mind.

The result of the Passengers era round was decisive. There was no serious competition for the five finalist spots; five songs took the lwad and held onto it until the end.

(bold = qualified for finals)
1. Your Blue Room - 39 votes
2. Slug - 30
3. Miss Sarajevo - 27
4. Always Forever Now - 24
5. Beach Sequence - 20

=6. A Different Kind of Blue - 8
=6. Theme From Let's Go Native - 8
8. One Minute Warning - 5
=9. Elvis Ate America - 4
=9. United Colour - 4
11. Plot 180 - 3
=12. Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) - 2
=12. Ito Okashi - 2
14. Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yumi) - 1
=15. Theme From The Swan - 0
=15. Viva Davidoff - 0
(Total voters: 42)

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
(Holy Trinity opening :love: )
Staring At The Sun
Gone
Miami :drool:
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
(Holy Trinity closing :love: )

Yeah I kinda went overboard with the number of songs but I fucking love this album!

Discotheque, DYFL, Mofo, SATS, LNOE, Gone, WUDM

I like Holy JOe and North and south as well, though they're not my favourites. For Velvet Dress I take the album version, which is a snoozefest so I didn't pick it. The Jools Holland version though :drool:

Do You Feel Loved
Last Night On Earth
Wake Up Dead Man

Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Last Night on Earth
Gone
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
North and South of the River

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Gone
Please
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

This album: :combust:

Mofo
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Also love the Jools Holland version)
Wake Up Dead Man
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Gone
Last Night on Earth
Wake Up Dead Man

I don't like this album quite as much as the next guy, but these five songs are really great.

Oh, and I find Mofo extremely overrated. :ducksandhides:

Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
LNOE
Gone
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
North & South of the River

Cool that Slug beat Miss Sarajevo. (Has it ever done that before?)

I'm not sure, but I suspect not. Great result this time around if you ask me. The only other time we ran the tournament in this particular format, in 2009, Miss Sarajevo received fifteen more votes than Slug.

Is there a version without Sinead? I've only heard what I believe is the soundtrack version... Love that song.

There's the Skysplitter Dub, which is essentially an instrumental version.

Thread creation: 3:23am :hmm:

It was one of those matters of drunk urgency... I think. I actually don't even remember being on my computer after I got home. I'm just mildly impressed I appear to have made just one typo in the original post.

So there you go, EYKIW.

I'm not sure, but I suspect not. Great result this time around if you ask me. The only other time we ran the tournament in this particular format, in 2009, Miss Sarajevo received fifteen more votes than Slug.

Nice. Thanks. :up:

Dicothèque, Mofo, Staring at the Sun, Please, North and South of the River.

Do You Feel Loved?
Mofo
If God Will Send His Angels
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Please

No love for one of my favorite songs from POP???

The Playboy Mansion
Do you Feel Loved?
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun

Can I vote for all of them?

Seriously they are all sofa king good that I cannot decide, so Holy Joe I guess.

PoP + Holy Joe = :drool:

Without it, still :drool:

I don't know fuck it

Where's the love for Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad? I've always thought it's one of Bono's greatest songwriting achievements.

Wow, this is turning into a really tight contest. We haven't had a tie yet for the final qualifying spot into the finals, but it looks like it might be a chance here. Fortunately, there is enough room in the nineties semi to accommodate a tie.

Velvet Dress has the same amount of votes as Miami? Fuck that. It's an awesome track.

Also, I'll never understand why studio Discotheque is held in such high regard. It feels a bit cut-and-paste and it lacks the energy of the live versions. More votes than Gone? :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom