Best Song Survivor v2: Pop era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SEVEN songs from this era proceed to the 1990s Semi Final.
(Slow Dancing '97 is the version with Willie Nelson.)

Welcome to the Pop era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In the Zooropa era round, Zooropa came out on top, closely followed by the best performance so far of a non-album track, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Please see the Passengers round for Achtung Baby's results.

INTERFERENCE'S ZOOROPA ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the semi finals)
1. Zooropa - 75 vote
2. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - 72
3. Stay - 70
4. Lemon - 64
5. Dirty Day - 44
6. The First Time - 42

7. Numb - 34
8. The Wanderer - 32
9. Some Days Are Better Than Others - 25
10. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car - 24
11. Slow Dancing '93 - 20
12. Babyface - 14
(Total votes: 91)

Do You Feel Loved
Last Night On Earth
Gone
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
Holy Joe
North And South Of The River
Slow Dancing '97

There are only a handful of people who genuinely prefer Slow Dancing w/ Willie Nelson over the original. I am one of them.

I can't decide whether to vote for NASOTR or not. It fluctuates in my estimation. I'll hold onto my vote until I've decided.

Besides a possible NASOTR selection, my vote will be:
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man

Oh yes, and I should also give due consideration to I'm Not Your Baby ...

North & South Of The River - 7 votes! You gotta be kiddin' me...

Poor man's Take Today in my opinion.

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Gone
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad
Sweetest Thing '98

North And South Of The River, Discothèque, If God Will Send His Angels, Staring At The Sun, Gone, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Please, Wake Up Dead Man, Sweetest Thing.

I can't decide whether to vote for NASOTR or not. It fluctuates in my estimation. I'll hold onto my vote until I've decided.

Besides a possible NASOTR selection, my vote will be:
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man

Oh yes, and I should also give due consideration to I'm Not Your Baby ...

Well, NASOTR isn't doing much for me right now, but INYB is good stuff and deserves to do much better than songs like Slow Dancing '97 and Two Shots, so I'll throw a vote at it as well as the above seven.

Here's hoping Discotheque, SATS, and Sweetest Thing '98 all miss out on finals berths.

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Last Night on Earth
Gone
Please
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
North and South of the river

Wow, only five votes for I'm Not Your Baby.

I hope that is simply because some people haven't heard it. One of their best songs from this period.

It's criminal that it's level with Slow Dancing '97 and losing to songs like Miami and Sweetest Thing.

Aww damn, I give up. I voted for every album track and North and South of zee River. I love every track on Pop too much to choose.

I just pray that Please does better than it did last time. That is one of my top five favorite U2 songs, possibly in the top two or three (it's hard to say).

Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Mofo
Wake Up Dead Man
If God Will Send His Angels
Gone
Please

Discotheque
Mofo
Please
Gone..( 2002 best of version should have been in the options)
Miami
the Playboy mansion

Well, Disco, Mofo, Gone and Please are all pulling ahead.
Things are as they should be. Cool to see Please getting some respect.

Wow, only five votes for I'm Not Your Baby.

I hope that is simply because some people haven't heard it. One of their best songs from this period.

It's criminal that it's level with Slow Dancing '97 and losing to songs like Miami and Sweetest Thing.

i had no idea anybody actually liked it. it sounds like everyone involved is asleep, like the studio version of bad.

Gone..( 2002 best of version should have been in the options)

It's just a different mix. All the Best Of mixes are covered by this:

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

I put the remaster bonus tracks with their respective eras, since that was their origin, so if the new mixes were separate, I think I'd probably put them with their originating eras too. But it's a moot point because I don't even see a reason to include alternate mixes separately.

And come oooonnnn Wake Up Dead Man, hold onto that 7th place ahead of NASOTR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom