Best Song Survivor v2: Passengers era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top FIVE songs from this era proceed to the 1990s Semi Final.

Welcome to the Passengers era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

The Achtung Baby era round had a massive upset, with One failing to qualify for the semis. Meanwhile, Lady With The Spinning Head qualified in fourth place, the best performance of a b-side so far.

Please see the Pop round for Zooropa's results.

INTERFERENCE'S ACHTUNG BABY ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold qualify for the semi finals)
1. The Fly - 78 votes
2. Until The End Of The World - 73
3. Acrobat - 70
=4. Lady With The Spinning Head - 59
=4. Mysterious Ways - 59
=4. Ultra Violet - 59
7. Love Is Blindness - 56

8. Zoo Station - 54
9. One - 47
10. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - 43
11. Even Better Than The Real Thing - 38
12. So Cruel - 32
13. Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1 - 18
14. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - 17
15. Salome - 14
16. Where Did It All Go Wrong? - 8
(Total votes: 103)

OK, since I adore Passengers, I went a bit nuts with my voting to give some less prominent songs some love as well.

My vote:
United Colours
Slug
Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Beach Sequence
One Minute Warning
Corpse
Plot 180
The Swan
Let's Go Native
Bottoms

Aw yeah. What an amazing album. I most hope Beach Sequence makes the semis. It's the best song here and a totally gorgeous, beautiful track. Also hope One Minute Warning can sneak in.

Don't believe the hype about Miss Sarajevo, people.

Oh, and permaban for Elvis Ate America voters.

Slug
Corpse
Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Beach Sequence
Bottoms (Zoo Station should have made it to the finals :( )

Too many to choose from, one of favourite u2 eras this.

SLug, Your Blue Room, Corpse, one minute warning, theme from the swan and lets go native.

I'd just like to re-emphasise this.

I'd also like to concede that in light of this, it was probably the wrong decision to exclude One from the previous Best Song Survivor.

Now I better get on with the Pop round ...

That's hot. Really really hot.

I'm glad most of my favourites got through. :D

Now for Passengers, I'm pretty boring. Barely listen to it, too unappreciative of this. YBR and MS.

united colours, slug, your blue room, always forever now, a different kind of blue, beach sequence, miss sarajevo, elvis ate america

i couldn't limit it to just five, it's too hard. especially since the first five tracks on the album alone are brilliant.

mostly rubbish so I'm setting the bar real low. YBR is the only 5star song from this era.

YBR
AFN
MS
Plot
Native

Axver, please answer me this, if Passengers qualifies for "original U2 songs", why didn't Sweet Fire of Love qualify for the JT era? (or R&H)

I'm sorry if this was already explained in one of the previous rounds or album survivor poll.

Axver, please answer me this, if Passengers qualifies for "original U2 songs", why didn't Sweet Fire of Love qualify for the JT era? (or R&H)

I'm sorry if this was already explained in one of the previous rounds or album survivor poll.

Flat-out forgot and nobody had ever pointed out its omission in the past, I'm afraid.

Am I the only one who thinks One Minute Warning is one of their all-time most badass tracks?

The ending: ...a lonesome soul...in an old black boat... : :ohmy:

It's "black coat", but yes, One Minute Warning is fucking great - excellent dark atmosphere.

hey axxo, i'm kinda regretting not voting for a different kind of blue and always forever now...would you mind adding a vote from me to them?

and i'd also say for one minute warning, but given how many tracks i've voted for it may seem like i'm taking the piss asking for one more.

It's "black coat", but yes, One Minute Warning is fucking great - excellent dark atmosphere.

Definitely "coat" the second time around, but the first line is definitely "boat."

Not sure if they're the definitive source by any means, but @U2 has it that way...

Either way, fucking awesome track.

Slug, Your Blue Room, Always Forever Now, Miss Sarajevo, One Minute Warning, and Elvis. I probably should have voted for A Different Kind of Blue, too.

14 voters less than Pop?

You people need to buy Passengers. Now.

At least Beach Sequence looks like it's going to make it to the finals.

Slug
Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Elvis Ate America
Theme from Let's Go Swan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom