Best Song Survivor v2: GRAND FINAL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, the poll is closed! :|

Excellent selections, though!

But how is Electric Co. the only song from Boy that made it through? And Gloria the only song from October? I mean, I adore Gloria but Tomorrow also exists... and there are so many other great songs on Boy! I guess the majority doesn't agree.

I'm realizing now that I meant to vote for Zooropa and didn't. Obviously too late to change my vote, but damn.

I'm really sorry. :( I don't know why I botched my vote so badly. I forgot both Zooropa and UTEOTW, although Axver corrected for the latter.

The Fly only got one less vote than Streets. I can live with that. Surprised at how well New Year's Day did.

Should do a poll of their released Live songs (UABRS, Wide Awake, Paris, ZooTV, Slane, U22, Edge's Picks). Certain songs would probably do better in their live versions than their studio ones.

I find it kind of telling that the top vote-getter has only 55% of the vote.

Should do a poll of their released Live songs (UABRS, Wide Awake, Paris, ZooTV, Slane, U22, Edge's Picks). Certain songs would probably do better in their live versions than their studio ones.

You've expressed interest in this before, and I think it could be interesting. Might you want to run it at some point?

Yeah. As I said before, I'd do it myself, except I lack the organizational, technical and statistical skills for the task. Well, that plus general laziness.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if it's been done yet, but it would be fun to see which are people's live favs. And yeah, as much as I love HQ bootlegs, you'd have to limit such a poll to official live releases (including CD's, DVD's, and even one off b-sides if you wanted), since a lot of people don't collect the bootlegs. In addition to the concerts videos, I also think if you include the live b-sides and other officially released "rarities" a lot of people might be exposed to versions they didn't even know existed.

At the end, you'd have a "Interference's Picks" concert of all the best (official) live versions.

Something like this:

POLL: What is the best officially released live version of "Where The Streets Have No Name"?

1. Rattle & Hum, Tempe
  2. Lovetown, Point Depot
  3. ZOOTV, Sydney
  4. Popmart, Mexico City
  5. Popmart, Rotterdam (Please B-Side)
  6. Elevation, Boston
  7. Elevation, Slane Castle
  8. Vertigo, Chicago
  9. 360, Rosebowl
  10. 360, Stadion Slaski, Chorzow (U22)
Etc.

You could eliminate the multiple versions from the same tour if you wished, since within a tour a different performances of the same song pretty much sound the same. And any version someone hasn't heard could easily be found on Youtube.

I was thinking of doing it, but not quite as well as this one. Basically the top 4 tracks from:
UABRS, Hasta La Vista, Zoo TV Live, Slane Castle, Live from Paris, U22, Edge's Picks & both Bad & ASOH automatically from Wide Awake in America. That makes a final 30, a pretty simple way of doing it.

And maybe something where only one version of a song could make it...like if the SBS from UABRS wins, then the other versions aren't included. Bad & ASOH from Wide Awake are pretty much the definitive live versions of those two anyway.

Back
Top Bottom