Best Song Survivor v2: All That You Can't Leave Behind era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SIX songs from this era proceed to the 2000s Semi Final,
(Which mix of Electrical Storm? The song is listed on the basis of the original, which is on the Best Of 1990-2000 B-Sides. If you prefer the William Orbit Mix included on the main Best Of 1990-2000 disc, vote on the basis of it, as per the second paragraph below.)

Welcome to the ATYCLB era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In the 1990s Semi Final, Gone secured the top placing, just ahead of The Fly and Zooropa. Tenth place ended in a tie between Mysterious Ways and Love Is Blindness. This is the last qualifying place, and the tie is going to necessitate some form of a play-off, as there are only 30 total poll options and all 30 grand final places are already allocated. Not yet sure quite how to go about this yet.

Today we return to simultaneous rounds, with HTDAAB also being polled.

INTERFERENCE'S 1990S RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the grand final)
1. Gone - 54
=2. The Fly - 51
=2. Zooropa - 51
4. Stay - 49
5. Acrobat - 47
6. Until The End Of The World - 47
7. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - 45
8. Please - 44
9. Ultra Violet - 42
=10. Love Is Blindness - 38
=10. Mysterious Ways - 38

12. Lemon - 37
13. Your Blue Room - 34
14. Lady With The Spinning Head - 32
15. Mofo - 30
16. Discotheque - 27
17. Last Night On Earth - 22
18. Do You Feel Loved - 21
19. Miss Sarajevo - 21
20. Wake Up Dead Man - 21
21. Dirty Day - 19
22. The First Time - 16
23. Slug - 13
24. Beach Sequence - 8
25. Always Forever Now - 7
(Total votes: 84)

My vote, ranked:

1. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
2. Electrical Storm
3. When I Look At The World
4. Walk On
5. Summer Rain
6. Kite

Plus a Flower Child vote in the name of the Kunstmuseum. Probably should've voted Stateless too, now that I think about it ...

Ah damn, how is Gone U2's BEST song of the 90's? :huh:

Crappie results, D'ya Feel Lurved, Diskatek and Your Blu Room missin out.

Beautiful Day is the only real essential qualifier for me here. I'd be happy if it won the whole bloody thing. Would be happy yo see New York or Luv U Lyk Mad! get through...

My four favorites are BD, Kite, TGBHF and Electrical Storm. I intended to vote for those four. However, I did something incredibly stupid and voted for THTBA instead of TGBHF. I like THTBA, but TGBHF is surreal and beautiful... so forgive me.

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
In A Little While
When I Look At The World
Stateless
Summer Rain
Electrical Storm

I think I left out Beautiful Day but it should carry. Axver, you certainly are a champ for putting this shit together time and time again. (A round of applause for the man).

Kite or NY should pick this up - I hope, but again, I tend to be subjective!

Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
When I Look at the World
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Electrical Storm
Hands That Built America

gotta help the most under-appreciated U2 era

Walk On
New York
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Stateless
Summer Rain
Always

come on people! get some Stateless votes in...

Beautiful Day
Kite
Walk on
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Stateless
Electrical Storm
Always
The Hands that Built America

Shit, I forgot WILATW! :doh:

Crappie results, D'ya Feel Lurved, Diskatek and Your Blu Room missin out.

Beautiful Day is the only real essential qualifier for me here. I'd be happy if it won the whole bloody thing. Would be happy yo see New York or Luv U Lyk Mad! get through...
:huh: why are you writing the song titles as if they're in some facebook poll?

So, I'm trying to figure out what to do about this problem of MW and LIB tying for the 10th and last 1990s finals berth. At present, we have twelve 1980s qualifiers; ten 1990s qualifiers; eight 2000s qualifiers, for a total of 30 grand finalists - the maximum the forum poll options permit. So both MW and LIB cannot go through, as we cannot have a poll with 31 options.

I've thought of a potential solution. MW and LIB both got 38/84 votes, 45.24% of the vote. If eighth place from the 2000s semis does not achieve that many votes, it will be eliminated and its spot taken by one of the tied tracks. Before anybody asks about eliminating the 12th qualifier from the 1980s - The Electric Co. polled 36/79 votes, 45.57%, just fractionally ahead of MW and LIB, so the twelve 1980s qualifiers will be unchanged.

However, if eighth place in the 2000s does poll over 45.24%, I'm not sure what to do ... I don't really want to do a play-off between MW and LIB, but that may be the only option. Or I could break the tie by adding Achtung era votes to the semi-final votes, giving MW the win by a couple of votes. As far as those two options go, I think I actually favour a play-off ...

I vote you just do a supplemental Love Is Blindness vs. Mysterious Ways poll.

I'm not sure, a playoff seems like a lot of extra work, which this survivor wasn't supposed to be. I'd say one of two things 1)see what happens with the finals for ATYCLB and then go with the percentages or 2) Leave them both out, as it's obvious they're not going to win overall.

I'm not sure, a playoff seems like a lot of extra work, which this survivor wasn't supposed to be. I'd say one of two things 1)see what happens with the finals for ATYCLB and then go with the percentages or 2) Leave them both out, as it's obvious they're not going to win overall.

One poll which could go on at the same time as the 00s finals =/= a lot of extra work.

Ok, I shouldn't say a LOT of extra work, but the point of this was to find a top song without putting songs against each other so much as just voting for your favorite, which is what would be happening with a one on one pol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom