Best Song Survivor v2: 2000s Semi Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SEVEN or EIGHT songs from this era proceed to the Grand Final.
(If eighth place polls below 45.24% of the vote, it will be eliminated and both MW and LIB will proceed to the Grand Final. If it polls above 45.24% of the vote ... I'll think of some other way to break the MW/LIB tie.)

Welcome to the 2000s semi final in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In NLOTH's round, Magnificent secured the top qualifying spot. Most album tracks performed very well and the seventh qualifying spot went down to the wire. However, lead single Get On Your Boots got outdone by its own b-side, No Line On The Horizon II, while even Winter was able to outdo Stand Up Comedy.

INTERFERENCE'S NLOTH ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the grand final)
1. Magnificent - 85 votes
2. No Line On The Horizon - 78
3. Breathe - 70
=4. Fez-Being Born - 63
=4. Moment Of Surrender - 63
6. Unknown Caller - 60
7. Cedars Of Lebanon - 44

8. Crazy Tonight - 42
9. White As Snow - 40
10. No Line On The Horizon II - 33
11. Get On Your Boots - 32
12. Winter - 19
13. Stand Up Comedy - 18
14. The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew - 1
(Total votes: 99)

Beautiful Day
Walk On
Electrical Storm
Vertigo
No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Breathe

That was really hard to choose.

BD
Kite
Walk On
COBL
When I Look at the World
Moment of Surrender
Breathe
FEZ-Being Born

I think it would be absurd to have 11 90s tracks with only 7 00s tracks with the same amount of albums represented.

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm
No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Unknown Caller
Fez-Being Born
Breathe

I think it would be absurd to have 11 90s tracks with only 7 00s tracks with the same amount of albums represented.

Welcome to the wonderful world of seeding. I think it would be absurd to have a less popular song in place of a more popular song.

Fez - Being Born is tied for 1st place right now. :up:

keep up the good work Interference.

Interesting ... at the moment, eight songs are past the 45.24% threshhold.

I have thought of a solution if the eighth qualifier ultimately does pass the 45.24% mark. The reason why I am not at all keen to run an MW-vs-LIB head-to-head round is because this tournament is very much about consensus, voting for favourites and all that, rather than eliminations and stuff. A head-to-head match-up feels far too much like previous Survivors. However, if it's unavoidable, I'll run a round that sticks to "vote for your favourite(s)", with three options: MW, LIB, neither. So you can vote for BOTH songs if they're both your favourites, just one if you're only into one, or cast a "neither" vote if neither registers with you.

Hopefully we'll get a result out of that, if it comes to that in the first place. If not ... I'll cast a deciding vote or something!

Nice one on Fez-BB. It's interesting how the results these polls differ from worst song survivor...

Ngg tough. Sad to not see CT here.

Beautiful Day
Walk On
Electrical Storm

City Of Blinding Lights
Fast Cars
Window In The Skies

No Line On The Horizon
Fez-Being Born
Breathe

Axver we could always try a playoff between the last qualifier from the 80s, the two 90s songs and the last qualifier from here and the one that gets the least votes is out, that would be pretty fair I think

Fez-Being Born is now officially in the #1 slot. i love it! come on U2, play this live!

come on let's get some votes for Walk On! Unknown Caller is ahead of it for crying out loud.

Also, I just meant that since no Passengers albums will be in the finals the 90s songs only represent 3 albums. plus there are basically 3 non-album tracks in the 00 semifinal as well that are all generally liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom