Best Song Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I was hoping I'd be able to mercy rule this thing tonight and move onto a new round.

(promenade)
737_animated_shooting.gif

The bullets kind of look more like confetti. I can live with that.

I need this smilie badly........votes for Bad, ASOH and TUF?? Shame, Shame. Promenade for me.

Poor tuf bono, I hope he's ok :sad:

Had to vote for Promenade now:sad:
This album`s the toughest to choose from , even JT is easier.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Damn, I was hoping I'd be able to mercy rule this thing tonight and move onto a new round.

Instead, all of these votes for "Wire" prove that it'll go next in a landslide. Guess the entire UF round was wholly predictable and we'll end up with the same four tracks we all expected....

I came back here with the intention of making up my mind and just voting for one, I mean it shouldn't be that difficult.

But it was :sad: I guess I'll vote Promenade if only to try to help along a mercy rule, (this round is too painful so let just end it already :lol: ) but I don't think it's the worst song here.

mebbe not . . . I wouldn't be altogether unhappy if :shifty: pride :shifty: didn't make it :whistle:

Well, it's still possible. The gap between "Wire" and "Pride" is nine votes with thirty-five people needing to make an entirely new choice. Although two of us voted for "Promenade" just so the round could end earlier. So, it's more like an eleven vote spread with thirty-three outstanding voters. So, the spread of the remaining voters would need to be 22-9-2 (any of the other three), just for there to be a tie. Pretty unlikely, but band-wagoning could close the gap.

I voted "Promenade" and I'll definitely be ousting "Pride" next round, because, well, "Wire" is my favorite song on the album. Bono howling at the moon, Edge playing feverish guitar and the rhythm section taking things somewhere between an exploding Irish jib and a building sitar crescendo. "Wire" makes me jump around like an idiot in my living room, and it ends leaving me breathless.

I like it... just a little...

BigMacPhisto, why don't you stop bitching about how boring the tournament is? If you think it's that dull, stop bloody participating.

I mean, wow, it's a great incentive to keep maintaining this thing when somebody's prattling on about just how bad the game is.

Listening TUF, the album, now... just remembered that I love ASOH. :wink: So, I'm pretty sure I'll have to vote for TUF next round.

EDIT: Now I'm hearing TUF, the song. I'm torn again... I think I'll have to flip a coin. :(

I don't know how I'm going to bring myself to vote Wire in the next round.

All five left from this round should make the finals.

^That's true.... I think TUF just went a few places higher on my rank of U2's albums.
But I could never vote for Wire. I guess it will have to be TUF.

All six of the songs in this current round are in my top thirty U2 songs. ASOH, Bad, and UF are all in my top five.

At least three UF era b-sides are also in my top thirty. What an era.

Wow... I don't love TUF that much. :D I never ranked U2 songs, it's too much. I know my two favorites, but there's a very good chance that Bad is on my top 5. I've always loved that song.
Oh, the b-sides, some good stuff in there: Love Comes Tumbling, The Three Sunrises, the Boomerangs and... what the fuck, I don't have Bass Trap here on my pc!

Hey, I'm the guy who has Elevation as my favorite song of all times... what did you expected?

BigMacPhisto, why don't you stop bitching about how boring the tournament is? If you think it's that dull, stop bloody participating.

I don't think it's dull at all...just that this album wasn't well suited for the format. Should be some real fun on the way when we're forced to scrape the sides off the tree and the head off the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom