Best Song Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

• Promenade

• Bad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the first round for The Unforgettable Fire, 4th of July was overwhelmingly voted off, leaving nine songs competing for four slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Hate to do this as I really love Indian Summer Sky, but I love EPAA more so thought I'd have to vote off ISS to have any hope of keeping my fave.

I'm pretty evenly split with Elvis and Indian. Guess I'll go with majority to kick off Elvis but Indian gets my next vote.

I know it stands no chance of being eliminated, but I don't like Pride as much as the other songs. :reject: It may be a waste of a vote, but I'm not going to engage in strategic voting.

Really sad to see Elvis losing here. MLK is as much of a nothing tune as Fourth of July. The last minute or so of Elvis is better than anything on the second half, Bad excepted.

I'll pick you up, bits and pieces on this floor :sad:

MLK, for the same reason as last time - it's just a bit of nothing, and unlike the other bit of nothing on the album (4th of July), its sequencing on the album isn't very good. It's just sitting there posing as if it's a separate song when it really should be sequenced before the title track. Classic example of U2 getting it right live but not in studio.

EPAA is a pretty good track, especially its final minute. That said, if MLK loses this round, I'll probably be voting for EPAA next.

Die MLK.

That didn't sound right, did it? :wink:

Elvis_PresleyJailhouse_Rock.jpg
vs.
mlk.jpg

:corn:

Really sad to see Elvis losing here. MLK is as much of a nothing tune as Fourth of July. The last minute or so of Elvis is better than anything on the second half, Bad excepted.

I'll pick you up, bits and pieces on this floor :sad:

Ahh you're right, it is really good. But there's nothing bad for me to vote off!

digitize said:
Ahh you're right, it is really good. But there's nothing bad for me to vote off!

Yes there is!!! MLK!!!

I'd vote Indian Summer Sky off before Elvis as well.

LM post your cover of it to save it.

MLK.

I find EPAA to be absolutely mezmerizing and beautiful. I wish it got more credit, but I can understand why people don't like it.

Axver said:
Thank god I'm not alone in thinking this.

Your Boy skepticism is hereby partially forgiven.

Be careful... you'll hate me again when I announce that I actually like Elvis Ate America during the OS1 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom