Best Song Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire Round IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JT will be just as hard, at least for me :sad:

It'll be tricky but I seem to have a less emotional view of the songs on that album . . . this one really does feel like I'm telling old and much loved friends goodbye (yes, yes am aware I should probably be lying down on a couch somewhere telling the good doctor all about it :lol: )

It'll be tricky but I seem to have a less emotional view of the songs on that album . . . this one really does feel like I'm telling old and much loved friends goodbye (yes, yes am aware I should probably be lying down on a couch somewhere telling the good doctor all about it :lol: )

:nerd: yes, yes, I see. Tell me when this first started....

I hear ya, I still have my original vinyl :sad: and fond memories.....and of course much respect for tuf.

Third round in a row that I've voted for "Wire"....truly, this is the most boring album for these sort of polls because there were too many obvious early departures...the only potential surprise will be if "Wire" manages to outlast "Pride" in the final round for this album.

Promenade is absolutely gorgeous.

ISS is bland. It doesn't have anything Wire doesn't, and it doesn't fit in nearly as well.

Wow, quite a voting turn-out for this round.

Shame ISS looks gone. :(

True. I'm voting for Promenade but I'll still be disappointed when it goes.

I don't get this "oh ISS is no Wire, we don't need it" stuff that's probably come up in the course of the thread, I haven't really bothered checking. What's the matter with having two fast-paced edgey tracks on one album? Wire and ISS have completely different feels, to me. One's claustrophobic, the other is wide open. Really, ISS just needs a different placement on the album. It's kind of like the musical version of James Earle Fraser "End of the Trail" sculpture.

^Agree. I'm not really an ISS fan, but I don't get the Wire comparisons.

I don't get this "oh ISS is no Wire, we don't need it" stuff that's probably come up in the course of the thread, I haven't really bothered checking. What's the matter with having two fast-paced edgey tracks on one album? Wire and ISS have completely different feels, to me. One's claustrophobic, the other is wide open. Really, ISS just needs a different placement on the album. It's kind of like the musical version of James Earle Fraser "End of the Trail" sculpture.

Its proper placement would be on the b-side of a UF single.

Let the end of this thread forever be a memorial to how wrong LM is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom